85k fastrac on ebay

Busy Daddy

my mate took a £120k fastrac for a demo, about 300bhp i think, he currently runs a u1600 and was thinking on changing as he cant find a good u2100 for his big timber trailer, he was very disapointed indeed, says it was great at going fast on its own but with 16 ton behind it was poor to say the least.

i like the old 3185 fastracs, sound good and generally pulled like a train. used to run rings round the 3220 and 3190 the firm used to have. proper hydraulic spool levers instead of the annoying electric switches that pop out of pump all the time.

downside to them is that they arent brilliant on hills and you will be constantly grabbing gears when loaded, 65kph ones were bad and the 85kph are no better. if your on narrow twisty roads with plenty of hills you wont be much quicker than a good 50kph tractor due to the width of a fastrac over a normal "big" tractor and having to bury the wing mirrors in the hedge when u meet something.. . . . but if your on nice wide roads then get it brought.

dont expect amazing off road performance from them as the 85kph one run smaller wheels than the slower ones but will still pull a few furrows when needed!

weve got a 185/65 65k about nearly 50mph i think - i stand to be corrected if wrong - and had no problems with it, pulls the timber trailer with a full load on now weve got new bolsters and new drawbar on the trailer had a full load of sycamore trunks on weighing 18t no probs, been carting wholecrop silage back out of very wet fields this back end and straw carting pulling 20t artic trailers no problem, the only downside is the turning circle when following the forager but theres not many big john deeres that weve had a only a bit better , pulled well and had alot of plant on the back, winches etc and chipper and not had any problems, running all night straw carting had to fill tank up and that is thirsty at about 150 ltrs i think at 50p a ltr red still not bad and our big deeres use just as much juice - particluarly like the brakes easy to get to like on lorries.

plus plent of space in the cab for a fridge box and kids

j.