Absolutely SUPERB garage !!! Garage Reccommendations...

TimberCutterDartmoor

Forget the "Good Garage Scheme"; I've tried many and they aint that wonderful.

Main Dealers - don't get me started... that's another thread because boy are they crooks...

This is to simply recommend the best garages I have ever experienced and I've been involved with cars since my Mum left the delivery ward... so I am super precise with car workshops - hating 98% of them; likewise they hate me for knowing what a customer is talking about.

So here it is and useful for anyone in Devon or Gloucestershire. These are old-school cool, who know their crank-puller from there open deck cylinder block etc etc.

1) Bovey Court Garage, Bovey Tracey.

Bovey Court Garage, Bovey Tracey

2) Whaddon Garage, Stroud Rd

Whaddon, Gloucester GL4 0UG

01452 813 384

:001_smile:

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

good garages are worth their pay, i just got back from dropping the disco off at the garage knowing that they will fix it and i can trust them not to rob me, i use Home - Bensons Garages because he is a landrover wizard. i have worked in garages when i left school till i was a fully qualified technician/fitter and get really picky when other folk fix my cars, but not having all the tools/workshop/time i needed someone i could trust and this guy is ace..:thumbup:

I dont mind a highish hourly rate if its from a proffesional, a bit like tree work the highest hourly rate SHOULD equal the quickest job and lowest overall costs.

My garage is ACG, Bouncers lane, Cheltenham. They replace my clutch on the LDV with a new single mass flywheel, labour time was 1.5 hours, I was literally in and out of there in 1hr 40 mins, and the ten minutes was just chatting! I also got a cup of tea.

Plus the mian man is an ex subaru mechanic so he know his stuff and has loads of spare parts lying around that I get for free! But I give him surplus wood etc so its all good!

I would also like to add a garage in as well. My disco just had an intermittent fault where it would not start. Mr AA man said he thought it was the fuel pump and best to wait until the morning to get a lorry out to get me to the garage. I tried to start it in the morning and the disco turned over.

Anyway it ran ok for a few weeks then happened again, left it until the morning and it started ok. I had enough and booked it in to Challenger 4x4.

Paul (The Owner) ran tests and couldn't initially find anything until the fault appeared again, They managed to trace the fault back to a blown joint on the Spider circuit board, a new spider was £150 from Land Rover. Land Rover also do a bypass loom. Challenger 4x4 didn't bother with paying Land Rover prices. Instead they made there own loom and bypassed the spider all with out speaking with me. They went for the cheapest option to the customer and also quickest repair time for themselves.

I'm like Rupe i don't mind paying a higher hourly rate if they fix the problem.

Edited by Recceboy