Sorbus International are proud to announce that we are the master UK importer for a great new range of Japanese pruning tools from ARS.

For more information on these products, (which include secateurs, handsaws, polesaws, loppers, shears and much more) please visit the link below to our dedicated ARS section on our website:

http://www.sorbus-intl.co.uk/ars-range.htm

"Sawing is believing"

- - -

Sorbus Intl.

i actually used to use the ars pole saw heads and found it to be one of the best heads out there.

have they changed the design much on their handsaws? havent really seen ars about in this country for a few years now

I have been using the ARS V8 Secateurs since 2002, in my opinion they are far superior to any on the Felco range and a much better price! We were trimming a hedge we did 2 years ago and found a pair of V8s we had lost. Still sharp, no rust and work perfectly!:thumbup1:

We have been using the curved ARS saw since the arb show. I put some old spike straps through the slots and it works great on the leg. It has stayed sharp and cuts great. It doesn't seem to collect gunk and tarnishes on the blade as much as a silky.

I also had a go on the really short ARS saw. I think it is a great size if you make most of your cuts with a chainsaw and use your hand saw only for really small branches. The hand saw is so dinky it stays right out of the way.

They are the only saw I have used that compares in quality to the silky. We put a new blade on the Zubat at the same time as we were given the ARS saw and currently there is nothing really between them in terms of sharpness. The ARS seems to give a smoother cut in softer woods like Lime than the Zubat which is a little jumpier. I am interested to see if the Ars will eventually become unusably blunt when the Zubat bat does or if it remains sharp.

It says on the ARS website that you can switch the fittings around on the curved saw to make it left or right handed which I think is a nice feature but I haven't tried this.

Unfortunately we have now modified the scabbard by throwing a full bag of lowering kit at it when it was stuck half way out of a climbing bag in the truck. This split the scabbard down the seem. A little electrical tape has made it good.

The best Ars product I have used are the Secateurs. When I started working for downlands my boss had 4 pairs that he had brought back from Japan. They are by far the best Secateurs I have ever used. The V9 model are the ones we use. Because you couldn't get hold of the ARS ones anywhere I bought a pair of Felcos 2 years ago and they are not in the same league as the ARS ones. The ARS ones are sharper out of the box. Dont bang together. Dont ever need cleaning,oiling or drying of after use. They never go rusty and you can cut through bigger pieces with them. They also give really clean pruning cuts. I love them. I find them such a pleasure to use that I think they help with the quality of the pruning job I do by putting me in the right frame of mind. Everyone should at least have a go on these.

Sorbus: I think you should have some shrubs in pots and branches for people to test the secateurs on at your next show. People couldn't see how good they were without anything to cut them with. I also think you should stock some decent holders for them. Decent Secys need a nice fancy case that can be clipped to your harness or belt. They need to be designed so the secys dont fall out when you are climbing.

Sorbus: I think you should have some shrubs in pots and branches for people to test the secateurs on at your next show. People couldn't see how good they were without anything to cut them with. I also think you should stock some decent holders for them. Decent Secys need a nice fancy case that can be clipped to your harness or belt. They need to be designed so the secys dont fall out when you are climbing.

This seems like a great little idea Phenom, don't be suprised if you find an ARS demo unit at our next show!

- - -

Sorbus Intl.