Our industry

Doug Blease

Certification gives as a baseline, it should be considered the minimum requirment (as it is intended) BUT it is considered the ONLY reqiurement in most cases, and it isnt just in practical arboriculture/contractual stuff, its across the board, i cnat even get a tree surveyers job because i havent the experience or qualifications (yeah right, laughable but sadly true)

Funding towards an education is avaliable, IF your not earning, a single parent etc etc etc, in other words, its only avaliable to those that probably wouldnt make that much use of it nor apply it with any determination as would somone whos staying IN the industry and earning, all be that peanuts (but i guess were monkies anyway) and apparently this is unskilled work, so what do you need an education/funding for?

But whats holding ME back, what ONE thing is preventing ME from being the arboriculturist I can be?

Time and money, thats all. I am getting there, its taking a lot of determination, sacrifices and considerable hard work an awful lot of networking as well, but Im getting there, and im getting there on the fast track, because i am ready and willing to do anything and sacrifice all in order to be the best I can be.

So i guess realy the only thing holding back anyone of us is ourselves, we all make excuses and procrastinate, there is ALWAYS a solution to a problem, you just have to be willing to search for it, and more importantly work for it.

Im just about to find that which ive been working so hard for, ive spent the last 5-6 years sweating blood, nearly losing my home and a few tears along the way but just lately its REALY paying off and if I can do it, ANYONE can.

Theres a million and one things that stand in my way and could, should I allow them, stop me being the ARB i am, but it doesnt, I do it anyway.

Just be the best you can be, do it your way and be good at it, eventualy what you seek will FIND YOU.

We are usualy our own worst hindrence.:001_smile:

yeah, and there is VERY VERY little about, not for the theory or for the ticket side of things.

Its an expensive risk for employers to take someone on from scratch and put them through the tickets that they need to be allowed to work legally, but government says you have to have them to work but arnt willing to help people to get them!

yeah, and there is VERY VERY little about, not for the theory or for the ticket side of things.

Its an expensive risk for employers to take someone on from scratch and put them through the tickets that they need to be allowed to work legally, but government says you have to have them to work but arnt willing to help people to get them!

I would argue that there is no need to provide funding for chainsaw certificates. Employers with the right ethics and a good business should be able to hold on to employees by firstly employing the RIGHT person, and then developing them and treating them right.

Why should the tax payer be paying to provide someone a certification and allow businessess to receive free training costs?

I payed for all of my training out of my own hard earned money. I could therefore be competing with a guy who has had no start up training costs.

DB