Health&performance

Yeti

make homemade weight gain shake dude.whole milk table spoon of honey some vanilla ice cream scoop of oats and blend.sup one those anytime can't fit a meal in.

And If you want a burger go for it.use wholemeal bread,releases energy slower and the fat will do your hormone levels wonders.

Before bed try cottage cheese on wholemeal bread.

Peanut butter is also fantastic slow release energy.

Full good fats and also protein.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a bit of trouble with my shoulder from time to time. becomes painful in one rotational position, it's been coming and going about once every 6 months since i stopped climbing full time and started working for the dark side. at one point it was almost too much to handle a saw for nearly a week. I suspect torn rotator cuff or similar, but the number of times it's come back, im increasingly concerned that im gonna do something that's going to set it off big style.

just started to get back into some mild training to get back into shape, partly because of an increase in my workload and partly because of my impending wedding next year. been humping gateposts around the last few days and digging post holes in the evenings most days and i got a twinge yesterday. today it seems fine, but id love to know something I can do to improve it.

not to mention when i rotate my right arm especially under load, or lift weight directly above my head i hear the joint clunking and cracking.

and my knees ache when i go to bed, im trying no end of custom orthotics for my huge yet weak arches, im pretty messed up and im only 23!

Cheers for offering up your knowledge to us all.

About 4 years ago I had a mishap whilst using an axe, the upshot was that I smacked my knee with the sharp end damaging my kneecap pretty badly. After the stitches came out and strapping came off I found i'd lost all the muscle on my thigh - no matter what i've done since I haven't been able to put it back on again. My knee feels constantly tight, and occasionally flares up becoming hot and swollen, clunks like you wouldn't believe too. Whenever i've seen physio they just give me elastic band type exercises that don't sem to help. I have a tendancy to protect it at work because it's weak, guess this probably isn't helping.

Any ideas how to get it back in shape?

Rob get a wood miser and a hiab and throw away your Alaskan sawmill:biggrin:, you weigh about 8 stone mate you are not designed to wrestle huge logs and massive saws hunched over for hours squeezing triggers.:sneaky2::laugh1:

Ho Ho! I'd love to Stevie but I love the feeling of attempting to heft big chainsaws about despite my agile frame - makes me feel like a proper tree man like the rest of you strapping lads! :laugh1:

Have a bit of trouble with my shoulder from time to time. becomes painful in one rotational position, it's been coming and going about once every 6 months since i stopped climbing full time and started working for the dark side. at one point it was almost too much to handle a saw for nearly a week. I suspect torn rotator cuff or similar, but the number of times it's come back, im increasingly concerned that im gonna do something that's going to set it off big style.

just started to get back into some mild training to get back into shape, partly becoause of an increase in my workload and partly

YouTube "rotator cuff exercises" dude,if I was available in person I'd show you some however sadly I can't that'd be next best thing

keep the Weight very light on these they are not a shoulder building exercise.Also ice the area 10mins a tim rotate Round the most painful areas 3times.Same advice for the knees just before you go to bed.Try elvating feet on pillow before bed for 20mins.Stretching yor hamstrings and quads can really helpl aswell,when the muscles get tight causes Improper tracking of patella tendon.

Pick up some glucosamine sulphate if havnt already dude see how that goes

hiya , i have been training a split 3 day programe - chest and back , arms and shoulders , lages , abs are trailned every session along with 35-40 mins of interval training after each sesion . not the problem im finding is that my progres is slow to none when it comes to benching , i just can not get past 125-130 kg , but my other compound lifts (squatt and dead lift) are still progressing , tonght i was happily squatting 175 kg for 5x5 . the idea behind this programe is to still build muscle and gain strength whilst shredding boddy fat .