nissan navara bottom end failure

combined tree services

hiya guys , as it says above !! i was driving the navara when the bottom end decided it wanted to part company , thnkfully there is no con for poking out the side of the block , im really hoping that the engine may be repairable and that someone on here may have some info .

thanks in advance guys - next time its a landy or hilux or even another ranger

hiya guys , as it says above !! i was driving the navara when the bottom end decided it wanted to part company , thnkfully there is no con for poking out the side of the block , im really hoping that the engine may be repairable and that someone on here may have some info .

Did you buy it from new?

Is it still under warranty?

Whats the service record like?

Was the knocking noise really loud? or more like a tapping noise?

Mine went in April, Nissan put a new engine in it for free, it was 6 months out of warranty.

You have to be very careful how you approach Nissan though.

Did you buy it from new?

Is it still under warranty?

Whats the service record like?

Was the knocking noise really loud? or more like a tapping noise?

Mine went in April, Nissan put a new engine in it for free, it was 6 months out of warranty.

You have to be very careful how you approach Nissan though.

sadly i bought it seccond hand , it was under warranty untill the begining of last month when it turned 60k miles !!

its been serviced on the buton when due, the service record is spot on .

as for the knocking it started off as a tapping and as the tapping got louder so did the knocking if you know what i mean .

sadly i bought it seccond hand , it was under warranty untill the begining of last month when it turned 60k miles !!

its been serviced on the buton when due, the service record is spot on .

as for the knocking it started off as a tapping and as the tapping got louder so did the knocking if you know what i mean .

is it a D22? with the extended warranty?

does the vehicle look tidy and well looked after?

60K is low even for the famous D22 conrod issue. Mine went at 90K

yeah its emaculate other than the scuff on the bumper the missus gave it . i was looking through the service log book and it says in there that the waranty is 3 years of 60k so im kind of hoping that even tho its done 61k they will do something about it , i did hear that if not it will cost me roughly 5-6 grand and lets be honest its probably only worth 7k plus vat , maybe my insurance would wright it off !!! wishfull thinking lol

yeah its emaculate other than the scuff on the bumper the missus gave it . i was looking through the service log book and it says in there that the waranty is 3 years of 60k so im kind of hoping that even tho its done 61k they will do something about it , i did hear that if not it will cost me roughly 5-6 grand and lets be honest its probably only worth 7k plus vat , maybe my insurance would wright it off !!! wishfull thinking lol

What the year of manufacture?

weve had our d22 do the same thing, nice big hole in the engine, 80k miles and 7 years as a workhorse used seasonally so march-september heavy loads and long distances. £1600 to fix that one, thats why we purchased the defender to replace it. 7 years was long enough for it. my hilux did 9 years of the same work and now only just needs a rear diff. Shows the reliability. although we had very few major problems with the navara

good luck with your fix, we are still trying to find a new engine.

if you go on the nissan website ,tap in d22 engine failure ,ther is an extended warrenty up 90k & my be 5yrs ,so get the service book bruoght up to date wth nissan parts & should be ok ,:001_smile: