Demonstration of MS200t carb removal

Dean Lofthouse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Dean.... Is this likely to cure my irratic running problems? Previous owner changed the diaphragms on mine and iv changed the tank breather assembly but runs fine for maybe 2 mins sometimes 10 seconds before it sounds like its starving of fuel? Runs fine at full bore.

• Like 1

Dean.... Is this likely to cure my irratic running problems? Previous owner changed the diaphragms on mine and iv changed the tank breather assembly but runs fine for maybe 2 mins sometimes 10 seconds before it sounds like its starving of fuel? Runs fine at full bore.

It could be one of many things really, my carb filter suggestion is an easy one to look for but is one of a number of things to try to eliminate before starting to look at more drastic stuff like compression etc.

But my suggestion is more for problems with fuel starvation at full revs

Spudlike would be the best one to ask to look for other problems :thumbup1:

• 5 months later...
On 15/10/2010 at 18:15, Dean Lofthouse said:

Demo of MS200T carb removal, filter clean and carb replacement

Thanks for that dean.

The bogging down, not reaching full revs and dying is something my ms200t does. I followed your advice and was a bit disappointed to find my filter clean. So it's not that. One thing I've noticed is the breather tube tends to kink naturally. I try to correct it but every time i clean the air filter i notice it's done it again. I've also discovered, by accident, when fuelling, if i crack the fuel cap it improves temporary. Any ideas. Thanks

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dean Lofthouse said:

Hi Con, if you have more than one 200 or know an obliging mate, try swapping carbs to see if that isolates the problem to the carb.

Thanks dean.  I've only got one myself. Got a friend with 2 tho.  I'll take that advice. It's an old saw (mine) 2004 I think, had a new carb kit a few yrs ago. I should probably get a new saw. Trying to hang on to this one as long as I can. Thanks