what a nugget.!

armchairarborist

The house I lived in when I was a kid (back in Liverpool) had a bridge almost identical to that, and many.. many a time I used to get woken up to the noise of metal crunching against stone!

Here, in fact!

pilch lane east, liverpool - Google Maps

There was even a bus stuck in there once, now you'd think whoever planned the bus routes MIGHT just have taken that into consideration, apparently not!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can remember the main Nottingham to Birmingham road before the M42 was built? How many times was a jam at Ashby de la Zouch outside what was Mitchels Ag Dealers and the Mines Rescue Centre where there was alow rail bridge? Must have been once a fortnight at least!

At least it taught me every little "cut back" and "near through" in that area.

• 1 year later...

roads are going crazy! first pic guy wedged himself with tail lift stuck on the bridge and nose on the high kerbs, lovely smell of clutch as he kept trying, ended up having to reverse back up the steep hill at morning rush hour (yesterday). 2nd pic (today) spotted this at the side of the road:lol:

021.jpg.acdf74ba681245a58f3b0836ac74c96e.jpg

012.jpg.d1f46c4628b90d5124710ed036cc7b17.jpg

Edited by armchairarborist
smelling nistake

Who hasn't gone the wrong way down a one way street or tried to get on a dual carriageway the wrong way, or a left or right turn when the sign did say no turn? Give the driver a bit of leeway. His boss would not of sent him out in a high spec truck like that if he was a total idiot. Regardless of nationality we are all human. I used to drive a truck regularly for a living for a company of about 14 trucks, all British. The damage some of them made was embarassing.

On this forum its often sympathy for the poor arb guy that things didn't turn out well for and rightly so, because we realise it has its risks and errors of judgement are lifelong.. Although we should be aware of your vehicle dimensions, who can say offhand what their drive is in axle weight, gtw, length, width and height. "Hmm I think it should go through that gap" We have signs specifying these criteria.

Who hasn't gone the wrong way down a one way street or tried to get on a dual carriageway the wrong way, or a left or right turn when the sign did say no turn? Give the driver a bit of leeway. His boss would not of sent him out in a high spec truck like that if he was a total idiot. Regardless of nationality we are all human. I used to drive a truck regularly for a living for a company of about 14 trucks, all British. The damage some of them made was embarassing.

On this forum its often sympathy for the poor arb guy that things didn't turn out well for and rightly so, because we realise it has its risks and errors of judgement are lifelong.. Although we should be aware of your vehicle dimensions, who can say offhand what their drive is in axle weight, gtw, length, width and height. "Hmm I think it should go through that gap" We have signs specifying these criteria.

yeah, i know what you are saying ..but given how much i laughed about them and their misfortune (the same as im sure everyone enjoys seeing me broken down at the side of the road when its all my fault) i thought sharing was caring and you guys deserved a chuckle too:thumbup1:

yeah, i know what you are saying ..but given how much i laughed about them and their misfortune (the same as im sure everyone enjoys seeing me broken down at the side of the road when its all my fault) i thought sharing was caring and you guys deserved a chuckle too:thumbup1:

Aye no hard feelings from me we all rubberneck. Just thought thread was getting victimising as it progressed, I once got swept along in the wrong lane in York city center amongst traffic in a HGV once, never saw any signs due to being surrounded by other large vehicles in around me.

Thankfully It was a 4 wheeler tipper, as when I turned the corner there was one of those old bar archway things from the days of old. As I got nearer it got smaller. I folded both mirrors in and realised it was a scrape or scrape though situation. I asked a young guy to help he just upped his hands and walked off. A really doddery old bloke on 2 walking stick acted as my guide did a superb job. No contact with the monument whatsoever.

Once I got front through I folded mirrors back and it was down to milimeters either side, I got away with it.:blushing:

Around that time someone nicked a skip truck and went through but left skip body behind.