Stumpgrinder accident.

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, it gives me great strength to know you are all still rooting for me.

cheers keep wondering how your doing

any idea how long till you get out

no idea on a time. they said this morning that i'm provisionaly booked to go back down to surgery on wednesday for exploratory surgery. i suppose they will then decide when they want to operate further when they know what needs doing. as i said in my previous post part of the muscle flap and graft didnt take so they need to explore it and make further decisions from there. so in short its going to be a fair while yet. still, its not a bad stay, i keep myself pretty well occupied and the teams here are really good.

Edited by Dave D

Only just seen this, I've been away. Sorry to hear about it Dave, really unfortunate thing to happen. Glad to hear though that some of it is healing, long may that continue! Sincerely hope you have a full recovery. Glad to hear you are in good spirits too as that can really help the healing. Wishing you all the best :thumbup1:

Hi Dave, just been reading the thread and wanted to say I hope you fully recover from this accident!

I used to work in the furnture making and joinery trade and saw the results of getting complacent with the machines! hands and fingers mostly!

I had a near miss when I thought I knew it all at 18years old with a circular rip saw, from that point on ive always respected the machines ive used!

But ive recently re-trained and moved into arboriculture, and with that move in career complacency has crept into how I work with equally as dangerous machines in this trade!

After reading whats happened to you, ive sat here thinking how silly some of the things ive done only this month are!

From now on I will have thoughts of how strong you have to be if things go wrong and what great friends and family you need around you!

You sure seem to have the strength and PMA (positive mental attitude) to get back doing what you love!

JAY

Hi Dave

We have raised some money through Arbtalk, our web site and in the shop for you and your family to help you out with what ever you may need.

Come on all you guys that have not managed to do it yet, you can still do it on the website from the home page.

Injured climber donation | F R Jones and Son

As soon as you need it Dave let me know how you would like me to get it to you.

Total raised so far is £410.00:thumbup::thumbup:

Great effort everyone.:001_smile::thumbup:

wow, apollogies for not seeing this earlier. i dont quite know what to say. thank you very much everyone, i sincerely am grateful to all of you for your on going support.

sorry i havent posted in a while. things have halted a little at the moment as there have been some complications but i'm pleased to tell you i'm making good progress and the doctors are still sounding positive. i plan to give you a better update in the next couple of days as we are awaiting some results that will give us a clearer picture of what the next steps are to be.

thank you all once again. dave