what air rifle do you have?

jpbeaver

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember them well mate, used to use them back in the day when I was in the army cadets at school. They're still popular over here....and really expensive too!

Just been looking back over this thread, thats a nice collection you have there mate:thumbup1: One of the best reasons to live in the states i reckon.

I still remember when AK's and handguns were legal in this country. I got my healthy respect for firearms from my dad. I remember when I was young and was allowed to clean my dad's handgun (Browning high-power). Laws in this country went a bit mad on such things when some idiot called Michael Ryan went mad and went round shooting people. Now the only people in this country with handguns are the ones who want to go round shooting people and robbing stuff.:thumbdown:

There's a place for every calibre and actually they did away with the 7.62 for infantry because it is just too powerful and will pass straight through a body where as the 5.56 will tumble and cause much more damage.

Yeh, thats a good point mate. I was making a bit of a traditionalists, old fashioned statement:blushing:.

I know a few people who used the early SA80 and thought it was nothing more than a toy. Infact they often thought it would be more use throwing it at someone than trying to shoot them:laugh1:

I can obviously see the need for less powerful rounds.:thumbup1:

Can you? Please expand on your post.

I was under the impression that any semi auto handgun was completely illegal mate. Be very interested to know more.

I have a couple of friends who have either .32 or .38 revolvers, for humane dispatch, not sure how you could have a semi auto pistol legally, unless you were in the forces

there are loads of wierd FAC classes like section 5 for restricted weapons such as AR-15/M16 setups in semi or full auto that allow civilian gun smiths to work on them, Then there are classes like trophies of war, i have a friend who was in the forces in WWII and he has some lovely pistols (not de-acts)

I have a couple of friends who have either .32 or .38 revolvers, for humane dispatch, not sure how you could have a semi auto pistol legally, unless you were in the forces

there are loads of wierd FAC classes like section 5 for restricted weapons such as AR-15/M16 setups in semi or full auto that allow civilian gun smiths to work on them, Then there are classes like trophies of war, i have a friend who was in the forces in WWII and he has some lovely pistols (not de-acts)

Good points mate, I dont know how you can have a semi auto either,

My girlfriend is actually allowed to have a revolver (she's a vet) so i'd best watch my back:lol:

Yes a semi auto handgun is illegal but you can still own revolvers no problem. I sold a six shot .44 cap n ball a while back and you can buy these no problem, which is totally mad. The idea behind the wrist brace is so it makes it long enough to be classed as a rifle but lets face it if you wanted to go on a shooting spree the first you'd do is cut it down.

DSCN0947.jpg.ea4af5b281097ff757c259b5e98fe06e.jpg