Rob thanks for the Minimill, but......

openboater

Checked the contents of the box this morning, all there, great.

Slackened all the nuts and slid in a spare bar to get the frame alligned just right.

Tightened all the nuts , checked for 90 degree cut and both edges level, spot on.

Slackened the 2 bolts that clamp the bar.

My spare Rollomatic E bar now has 2 deep dents and a buckled rail at top & bottom:blushing::thumbdown:

Luckily the damage is very near the bar mount and I expect the rails to straighten when I can shim the groove and press them at work on Monday.

So much for lightweight, hollow bars. The thought never entered my head:blushing:

It's definately a spare spare bar now:biggrin:

Sorry about this!

Should have pointed out that the mini mill is designed to give those little dents on the bar - it's how it grips the bar. But this is purely cosmetic so yes it's irritating on a new bar but is not going to affect the performance.

The distorted bar obviously is but I have never heard of a bar being bent/distorted in four years!. Can you put some pics up of this?

We'll sort something out on your next order if you need any chain etc to compensate for the bar.

Rob, thanks for your reply .

Didn't see it untill after I'd straightened the damage and didn't take a photo.

The bar I used was a small Rollomatic E that is made of 3 layers. The centre layer is minimal to reduce weight, resulting in a mostly hollow bar.

I happened to clamp the Minimill in a place where the bar has no solid centre so the 2 bolts have pushed one face plate untill it meets the other:blushing:

This resulted in the chain groove being about 3mm wide .

Earlier today I put the bar in a hydraulic press and returned it to its proper shape. I made sure to insert a few leaves of on old feeler guage to stop the press at the correct width.

Thanks very much for your kind offer. I'm not looking for that at all, to be honest the whole experience made me laugh:biggrin:

The bar can still be used, and it's one I was given anyway.

May be a cunning plan to mention it to new customers in the future though:thumbup:

Cheers , Angus .