Fungi photo competition- win hamas camera!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Why am I thoroughly enjoying searching for fungi?

The (green?) one was actually more like a bright blue? Can you give me any tips on how to dry out? And an address at kew to send it to?

Many thanks. I'm addicted. Wish my iPhone would zoom closer and really emphasise the colours.

Your enjoying the Hunt because despite the stigma, it is a great deal of fun, dont fight it, just run with it.

Your on a journey, i hope you enjoy it as much as i have this past 15 years, one thing is certain, as a subject it will deliver more of a chalenge than you could ever hope to find anywhere.

I will sort out the details for kew in a while, as for drying an airing cupboard is o.k, but i prefer the dashboard of the car it really is a prime drying spot!

it is one of my greatest desires to see others embark on this great journey of knowledge and not insignificant "nature moments" believe me, in time youll be making up a "hit list" in your head of the fungi you want to photograph and record, and with each new find your knowledge and ability to deciefer thier magical mystical code will develope.

Have fun with it darren, your becoming one of us, I did tell you all that i would spread the rot as far and wide as possible!:thumbup:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've always been an adventurer and explored at heart. Im not sure I have the time or desire to really study and learn loads at the moment but am enjoying the thought of finding something rare and natural that most people will never see / have never seen and also would just trample across completley oblivious to the wonders of mother nature.

I'm already planning getting back in that wood tommorrow to refind the rare blue mushroom.

Hygrocybe conicoides from Wednesday.

IMG_1071.jpg

Right, before i say this....

picture if you will the scene in bram stokers dracula, the scene where his sub is imprisoned in the asylum and the doc says "would you like a pet" to which the servant of dracule says "OHHHHH yesssss! a rat, NO, a kitten, OHHHH yesss a little kitten"

so I say....

This image, OH YES!:thumbup:

we have a new leader!

darrens orange peel in second runnings, come on guys and girls there loads out there:thumbup1:

The rules of said competition state quite clearly that "identity" issues will score against the entrants efforts..!

:001_tongue:

I think the nice Mr Humphries was of the opinion that you would all quite clearly know that they are of course..........

Protophormia terraenovae. bzzzzzz

Oh hang on a mo, you meant the Fung dint ya Timothy :001_tongue:

Sorry aitch, I'll go attempt funny someplace else :blushing:

I think the nice Mr Humphries was of the opinion that you would all quite clearly know that they are of course..........

Protophormia terraenovae. bzzzzzz

Oh hang on a mo, you meant the Fung dint ya Timothy :001_tongue:

Sorry aitch, I'll go attempt funny someplace else :blushing:

Lmao, thats not been shot for this comp though! you done that some time ago! and realy, I would think you would refrain from this comp!:001_tt2:

Ive got a lovely camera thats fine for most of what we shoot, the worst of the dust has dropped out while stored and your welcome to it as a loaner.

My dmc f15, its yours for a loaner, if you had an airline you might even blast out the last grain of dust? its o.k, just dont zoom or shoot skyward!