Help needed on Trees on Diocese land.

brownie1964

Can any one shed some light on how to get advice on this.

I went to look at a job today as there had been complaints about light issues and swaying trees!!! (well trees do sway in the wind I told them)

Anyway I looked at the trees (50ft sycamore just incase you ask) and they was in the church grounds. I contacted the local council tree oficer and he started going on about some sort of order that comes under the diocese and that I would have to apply through the diocese advisory council to do the work through them.. Like the TPO order???? Also the trees stand within the grounds of listed buildings.

So can anyone shed any light on this please.

Cheers

Andy.

hi brownie when you have done it a couple of times its as esy as a tpo aplication and the church warden/council should have the form for you to fill out, the church council will usually submit the aplication to the DAC (diocien advisory council) who then advise the archdecon to give consent or not, the whole lot then feed s back through the ranks to you, but be warned dont cross the church i had run in many moons ago, well my boss did and he was advised by the arch decon that you can still be hanged under eclisiastical law

have fun what diocese are you in???

Bloody hell man.. I dont want to in the diocese where they hang you thats for sure..

This info is needed to pass back to my boss and as the trees are not on our land we will not be undertaking any work on them. The vicarage will have to get their own trees sorted, they are just causing a light issue to one of our tenants.

Thanks for the prior warning and the info..

(Never was any good at hang man anyway!!!)

• 2 weeks later...