car vans ?????

carlos

hi thinking of buying car van probably a berlingo or kangoo just wondering if any one has had them, thoughts, what to watch out for also which engine there seems to be a few with a 1.5 diesel would this be too weak for towing a small trailler ??

any advice would be great cheers carl.

Hi Carlos;

I've got a Fiat Doblo car/van thingy. It's ugly as sin and all my mates mock it until they actually get in it. Then their impressed with the amount of space inside.

It's a 1.9 diesel,115 b.h.p. I think which would be fine for a small trailer and moves well whilst returning 55 - 60 m.p.g. average.

The only downside is it gets through front tyres being front wheel drive.

A handy little motor which when the rear seats are dropped can carry all my tools when I don't need to use the Land Rover.

And it's great for trips to the council tip!:thumbup:

iv got a berlingo, 97 with a 1.9 n/a diesel - well proven engine

its my first car and only cost me £600 and has done 217000 miles. iv done about 6000 miles so far and it hasn't missed a beat and starts instantly every time!:biggrin: it does about 50mpg

i havn't got a tow bar so can't comment on towing but it seems to have plenty of low down grunt and have filled the back with oak a couple of times with no problems.

how about a citroen C15? look a bit retro but iv heard they are pretty bombproof and have the same 1.9 deisel.

pete

kangoos are great little drivers, i didnt like towing with mine as the back ends are very light..

if i was to get another little van it would have to be a vauxhall combo excellent drivers good little weight carriers and good towers...

pitty the new combos didnt have the old isuzi 17d engines cos they can take some stick:thumbup: love them

Hey, i've got a citreon c15 and they are completely bombproof. no abs or p/steering tho, but they are good workhorses. 1.9d engine, pull a trailer all day long. Berlingo's are the same as well.

Renault Kangoo have either a 1.9d or 1.5d, the 1.5d has just as much power as the 1.9, the 1.5 is the newer ,cleaner engine and replaced the1.9 i think. the kangoo is also available with 4 wheel drive, i think it was called the 'trekker'.

Fiat doblo is the biggest of them, but it is a fiat.

thanks for all the info, seems like its between the berlingo and kangoo for me i may try and get the newer nissan kubistar same as kangoo ( i think) would be happier in a nissan really looking forward to the extra space currantly in a nissan micra probably the best car in the world aside from the lack of space and speed!!

cheers carl.