Modifying chainsaws

Pete Mctree

Hidden

Both my modded 200's rip arse. They actually remind me of the old metal square 020. I think any 2 stroke motorbike tuner would be able to do wonders with a chainsaw engine. Brit engineers dominate most motorsports, and I know most winning GP bike engines are british built.

Hidden

This is what I did to the exhaust on my 020t that really performs well, the exhaust is from a very early model 020t, I just opened it up a little and removed the internal baffling, it's pretty loud though and it pisses some people off.

I am having trouble with this saw though, I think I need to replace the ignition pack, about the only thing I haven't changed.

SP_A0480.jpg.51eebb467aa2416b780990bf3e0d4bb4.jpg

SP_A0480.jpg.9f985dcd0a0b183b69f81361d02345c2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hidden

Here I sit several thousand miles away,scatching my head.It seems odd to me that a country known for being able to crank half again as much power out of a 25 year old 2 cycle motorcycle could certainly have a saw tweaker or two.

Somebody is going to have to take up the cause I guess.;)