Wallenstein Splitters - Anyone Used One?

Nick Watkins

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of using a Wallenstein Splitter? and if so what are/were your experiences of it?

I am in the market for a road towable splitter, there appears quite a large difference between the costs of the available kit out there so am trying to work out whats good value, what's expensive and what is tat. I would rather save a little longer and buy the best rather than buy twice but also don't wish to pay over the odds.

Wallenstein seem to have a good pedigree but are more expensive than others I have seen (about £700 more) but then again the spec seems to be higher and they use good engines opposed to Chinese copies etc.

So, if you can shares some experiences on Wallenstein or give advice on other comparable products then I would be grateful.

Thanks.

PS. I have done a search but can only find info on this site for Wallenstein chippers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen your website and the product looks good, I was after some real world feedback before I make up my mind but it seems it's a little thin on the ground. I guess I should ask the same question on a Canadian forum and will probably get the answer I am after.

Anyway, subject to feedback I am still after one so will get in touch.

Regards,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
evenin all, im thinking of buying one of these splitters and thought id bump this thread.

its been a month since the last post,so has anybody bought or used one?

Just bought a 310 horizontal splitter from wallenstein. Agent is Andrew Chester FLF trading. Really helpful guy has good advice, and made a big effort to get the splitter here for the Xmas break.

The wallenstein is top quality, heavy duty stuff. I bought the four way knife too. Very pleased with it. Check your hydraulic flow rate, it's a big machine so it's thirsty. Bets I have seen and good value.

I ve spent a lot of time looking over the log splitters recently.

After looking at flow rates, build quality, ram speed, and value for money, I narrowed it down to the following;

Wallentsein

Thor

Ryetec

Balfor

I went for the Ryetec, but only because I m friendly with the dealer, if I hadnt been, it would definately have been the Wallenstein, as it looks to be the best value for money.

Make sure you check the Hydraulic flow rates for your tractor (if tractor powered) before you buy. There arent many makes on Ebay that give you a figure, but all the above mentioned manufactures do.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I have numerous of the Tractor mounted version in stock. Container arrives from Canada on the 9th Jan 2011, petrol engined models. Also Log Winches and chipper/shredders.

If you are interested please call.

Check out the website FLF Trading Company Limited

Regards

Andrew Chester

Do you have any more containers coming from Canada in the near future. If so would there be room for a rivals splitter. I am looking to import a split fire 2 way splitter from Canada but they do not have a UK agent. Maybe you could also be their agent.