PA1 & PA6 Pesticides advice please

blue beastie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have to buy all that also mate !!

Nah most of it was stuff I had l sitting about that I just chucked in the car before I left. The assessor had most of it there already when I turned up, but the more tickets and tests I go for the more I realise it pays to make a good impression by turning up well prepared!

Thanks for the reply Quickthorn... thats good to know tbh...

I will have a look for some bastion & bertouds. Quickthorn, do you know where the best place to buy from is ?

Blue Beastie, what sprayer did you use to pass mate ?

I used a Berthoud Vermorel 2000 Pro 16 litre like Quickthorn mentioned. I think they're pretty much standard fare, both my trainer and assessor said they were the only thing to buy. They sell locally for £115 but you'll probably find 'em cheaper down south - as we get robbed for everything up here due to lack of competition!

Here you go http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/berthoud-vermorel-2000-pro-16l-knapsack-sprayer-/270625084168?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Weed_Pest_Control_CV

Edited by blue beastie
Add evil bay link

• 4 weeks later...
I used a Berthoud Vermorel 2000 Pro 16 litre like Quickthorn mentioned. I think they're pretty much standard fare, both my trainer and assessor said they were the only thing to buy. They sell locally for £115 but you'll probably find 'em cheaper down south - as we get robbed for everything up here due to lack of competition!

Here you go berthoud vermorel 2000 pro 16l knapsack sprayer on eBay (end time 31-Aug-10 20:40:12 BST)

Cheers Beastie... i'm in for the PA1 this Thursday then the PA6 the following week... will let you know how i get on !!!

Wish me luck !!

its all health and safety based, forget working at a practicable pace and stick to the rules, learn what coshh means, get the maths rite, ask if you get stuck and if you dont no the answer to a question its best to say your not sure than to say something daft just to make a noise. there pretty good in general but its all about safety, as long as they can see that you will protect the enviroment, yourself and the men you work with from chemical damage you"l pass. all the best. HB

its all health and safety based, forget working at a practicable pace and stick to the rules, learn what coshh means, get the maths rite, ask if you get stuck and if you dont no the answer to a question its best to say your not sure than to say something daft just to make a noise. there pretty good in general but its all about safety, as long as they can see that you will protect the enviroment, yourself and the men you work with from chemical damage you"l pass. all the best. HB

Cheers mate, will let you know how i get on !

Passed Today !!!!

Wasn't that bad, just made sure i did the homework before i went in... was asked plenty of questions but came through pretty well !

Thanks for the advice people !!

Good work and safe spraying. Remember now you have the ticket you can perfect your technique. I do a bit of NPTC assessment and its always a pleasure to assess someone when they've made the effort to learn the material - otherwise it's like pulling teeth. :thumbup: