Arb vehicles

melvyn

I agree with mog but remember vosa don’t like tractors carrying load ,

That’s not strictly true, VOSA are all about vehicle safety, they aren’t interested in what is in the vehicle only that the vehicle is in a safe condition. Tractors are normally outside VOSA’s remit

In fact no one is particularly interested in you carting tree surgery arising’s but Her Majesties Customs and Excise Road Fuel Duty Unit are interested in what’s in your tank. You need to be on DERV not Red

There are issues about hauling goods on an “ag” exemption, lack of test, inappropriate vehicles, young drivers, not to mention abuse of the exemption intended for agriculture but if it isn’t testable it falls outside VOSA’s remit.

Andy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my dream arb vehicle would be a landy 110 or similar with a chipper mounted on the back of it firing chip into a box type tipping trailer, the chipper itself could be surrounded by tool storage boxes, chapter 8 boxes, fuel store maybe even a small welfare unit if it is a 130. feed chip into it from either rear corner of the vehicle then the chute going to trailer would be a sealed flexipipe to stop dropping bits over the road. obvious issues include infeed hopper height which would need to be quite low and the chipper would have to go everywhere the landy went, i.e. to do quotes/ general runaround jobs, on the plus side you get a useful truck that shouldnt ever be overloaded if its built right and assume a 1t trailer you can get 2.5t of woodchip/logs. shoot me down if its wrong guys..:thumbup1:

sure would ,you cant get a landy thru a 3ft door way can you ,i can get my jensen thru & save loads of dragging :laugh1:

good job i didnt put money on that, i never do really well because of the pathetic steering lock on the landy, i was thinking 'no way will a jensen go down that quarryface on the last trial' haha:thumbup:

sure would ,you cant get a landy thru a 3ft door way can you ,i can get my jensen thru & save loads of dragging :laugh1:

tracked chippers are only good on woodland jobs, site clearance, cause most domestic jobs you need to take woodchip away so chipper can only get as near to tree as your truck.

tracked chippers are only good on woodland jobs, site clearance, cause most domestic jobs you need to take woodchip away so chipper can only get as near to tree as your truck.

if im leaving the chip i take the tracked jensen ,if im removing the chip i take the mobile jensen simples old been :biggrin:

if im leaving the chip i take the tracked jensen ,if im removing the chip i take the mobile jensen simples old been :biggrin:

perfect set up to have both, wish i could. tracked chippers are nuts on the right job esspecially good at pulling over trees or dragging trees i find. not good on stately home lawns though :sneaky2: