Rate My Hinge.

Frank

Pleased this dead Lime went down as planned

It was on a 45 degree bank next to the road and full of rotten branches high up waiting to rain down on me

Decided again to use the Matbro  Teleporter with muck grab which acted like a shield over me while I chainsawed.  I cut out the gob and then plunge cut with a 20 inch bar which only just went through 

Left a slightly bigger hinge due to the state of the tree and back cut leaving a holding tab.  Did the final cut of the tab with the electric Stihl so I could hear instructions from the traffic controllers.

Heard a crack but no movement so entered the safety cab and just extended the boom a fraction and it went over as gently as if it was lowered!

Unfortunately no video!

7025A870-4FF3-43D6-81C4-8E4FF6131A9C.jpeg

D1B509FF-DF15-4BE5-9633-DCBA95924778.jpeg

1288C679-D998-4C20-B5ED-364DD2E5B387.jpeg

FA996983-47D5-4A28-8182-A74AFC2A9214.jpeg

Edited by Billhook
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Go BIG or go home 😁

I like using the big saws in public places like that (one of the busiest roads in town on the left in the photo) had 6 people take a card whilst I was there for the day and had about 15 people film it coming down 😂

I hate people filming, it's just asking for it to go wrong! 

• Like 3

I like using the big saws in public places like that (one of the busiest roads in town on the left in the photo) had 6 people take a card whilst I was there for the day and had about 15 people film it coming down [emoji23]

I hate people filming, it's just asking for it to go wrong! 
Don't let a camera been pointed at u In a positive or negative way put u off ! Whatever ur doing cant go wrong thsts the only thing that should be in ur mind I've felled 1000s of big trees in extremely tight/dangerous situations with cameras ipads phones Whatever been pointed at me for all different reasons it used to years ago make me annoyed thinking it made it more stressful! It doesn't the fell is the same camera or no ! Put ur big pants on pull them up and get on with it [emoji106]
  • Like 5