Rate My Hinge.

Frank

Oh you are the Craig of the panel I see :biggrin:

Yep I can see a gob has been cut but but the bottom cut of the hinge has gone in further than the face cut so it's turned into step cut. The Ralphy left over suggest it may of started out as the Danish pie cut but the tree had decided it had had enough by then and went over anyway :001_smile:

I agree and disagree.... the front cut (which I presume was his first cut) appears to be slightly sloping downwards and from what I can see in the photos I do not believe a cheese of Brie was removed.... it appears to be a single cut at the front.

He has followed up with a level rear cut that appears to have not gone across the diameter of the tree. The remaining bark section may have slightly pulled the tree to one side as it fell, before it tore out.

Never been called Craig before. :thumbup:

Definitely a 0.5 from me.

cheers, Steve

p.s... I would score the flail hinge far higher/ 2 out of 10 for that one.

I agree and disagree.... the front cut (which I presume was his first cut) appears to be slightly sloping downwards and from what I can see in the photos I do not believe a cheese of Brie was removed.... it appears to be a single cut at the front.

He has followed up with a level rear cut that appears to have not gone across the diameter of the tree. The remaining bark section may have slightly pulled the tree to one side as it fell, before it tore out.

cheers, Steve

2/10 what about artistic tempriment got to give another 3 for that.

Your right about the Brie. The gob looks like it's 50% and he blew through the gob to me

2/10 what about artistic tempriment got to give another 3 for that.

Your right about the Brie. The gob looks like it's 50% and he blew through the gob to me

It's one point for getting the tree down in the approximate direction intended and point number two for making me smirk. :001_smile:

Whereas the gobless attempt doesn't officially deserve even half a point.... I consider that very generous.

cheers, Steve

cheers, Steve

YES :)

Bob

The hinge looks fairly wide, but fair enough as you've not got a bar long enough to cope with doing it in one hit.

The tree including the butt has rolled slightly to the right side of the felling direction so I'm afraid I have to deduct points for that.

I also need to deduct points for trying to make out you cut some of that oak tree with an orange axe.... which, by the way, isn't a Gransfors, so why take a photo of it?

I will add a bit of a point for the person walking away from the crime scene.... it gives the image a sense of movement.... however, I need to deduct points for cropping the handle of your saw out of shot and I feel you could have better foreground interest via a wide angle lens positioned at a low height..... you may do well to look up the rule of thirds in any future photography.

Overall conclusion; not too bad, but certainly could do with improvement.

Result: 5 out of 10 (I'm feeling generous).

cheers, steve

p.s.... the person walking away doesn't have a head!

Edited by SteveA