YOU WANT ME to work for you! American in UK

xdarkknight

Heyya,

My name is Bryce Tangvald. I've recently moved from Seattle, WA, USA to the Market Harborough, Leicestershire, UK at the beginning of June '10.

I've been working with an Arborist/Climbing trainer for the last 6 months after other jobs doing wilderness trails work and working as an EMT with a local ambulance svc. I'm a US NREMT certified Wilderness-Emergency Medical Technician with 2 years of experience. I have started training in Arboriculture, Pruning Operations, Tree Climbing and Rigging Procedures and am constantly improving upon my skills.

The last 6 months I have been the Groundsman for a 2 man crew. I am proficient in the operation and use of Chainsaws, brush cutters, Tree-Stump Grinders & Chippers. As an EMT, I drove a large vehicle all day long. Now, as the groundsman, I drive the Chip-Truck with Chipper Trailer to every job-site. I am knowledgeable in basic to intermediate pruning operations and have basic experience Tree Climbing.

As I've moved from the USA to the UK in June, I only have some necessary PPE. However, I now have NPTC Certs CS30 & 31 under Lantra Certified Training with an aim to get CS 38, 39 & 40. As such, I am hoping to find an employer who is willing to put my experience to work and maybe help sponsor me into the other Certifications I need.

Currently, we will be spending some time in southern Leicestershire, but are hoping to move to Somerset, between Bath & Yeovil. The Precise location depends upon the availability of work for my wife & I and the availability of suitable/affordable housing within that area.

My experience has been working with 20-30 year veterans who either hold ISA Arborist certification, have extensive old-growth logging or wildland firefighting experience, or a combination of it all. I Hoping for someone with a good few years in the industry, but I'm flexible. I am, however, looking for a good quality operation to join. If that's you, give me a Call, PM or Email!

I've been particularly looking to work alongside someone who's managing a woodland, coppicing & hedgelaying, etc. However my experience has been working alongside Arborists & Tree Surgeons.

For further information, please see my CV below.

Thanks for your interest!! I look Forward to hearing from you soon!

Bryce Tangvald

Tangvald CV (UK) 2010-08-18.txt