Land Rover gross weight question.

Big 'Ammer

hi,sorry your wrong on your info on 110s and class1V mots. 110 hard top landys [no windows] ie 110td,110 200tdi, 300tdi,110 td5 are 3050kgs u/l weight are still class 1V mot. there is still no up date on VOSA computer[6.30 pm today].if a main dealer left the weight details of the reg form when first registration was applied for DVLA always put it at 3499 kgs. its up to you top prove them wrong!VOSA have now worked out that 110s come in different body styles ie. h/d,hard top,truck cab,soft top and csw, ALL are different weights hence another cock up by VOSA! if when you go to the test station and your reg no is entered on the computer and it comes up that your l/r is in the wrong class [1V or V11] it will not allow the tester to procede any further and will void your test. the only difference between class 1Vand V11 is to check tyre speed rating/ LOAD rating and a weighted brake test not that easy unless you have a 4 wheel rolling road, and of course an extra tenner for the test.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re uprating a High Cap landy, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I have uprated the rear springs and shock absorbers,and have informed VOSA. I have been getting a class 7 mot with no problems.As all the vehicle information is held on computer and that is the information that plod and testing stations go by.

I've sent my log book to DVLA with ammended revenue weight but not had it back yet. What was the script with informing VOSA? Any idea where the forms / telephone number could be found?

You don’t inform VOSA. They aren’t responsible for updating the records, that’s the DVLA’s job. VOSA just test it.