Unimog legal running...

ABM

I am amazed how many Mogs are still being run on the roads carrying chip and log even though the law changed in 2007 stopping transport of ANY load including tools by high speed tractors or agricultural machines !

The use of Red prohibits the carrying of loads and if you use white then the helpful VOSA and VAT claim it is then haulage so Mog needs MOT.

I still run a Mog a few times a week but feel increasingly under threat of a huge fine...

Is there anyone out there who understands the reams of road and Vat laws which would allow use of mog as is on red doing what it is built for... work.

Any help would be greatly received... thanks

Grey it was, but it seems the powers that be are rapidly darkening the area to very black or doom. Has anyone ever been done for this one ? I often get followed by the friendly fuzz but never pulled... I don't think they know either.. we run as an ag machine...

the example i was given was this.farmer picks up goods (bales/tools etc) for his own use thats fine. farmer picks up same stuff for another farmer he is then contracting thats against the law.the same guy (vosa staff headquarters) says tractors are not allowed to travel on main road except to cross max 1km.now i know there are many other views which may also be correct as there seems to be no absolute rules as i no locally a farmer uses fasttrack doing60k/h transporting chicken manure atleast 30k so dont feel bad running your mogs:thumbup1:ps i thought this is what a forum is all about sharing different opinions:thumbup:

Grey it was, but it seems the powers that be are rapidly darkening the area to very black or doom. Has anyone ever been done for this one ? I often get followed by the friendly fuzz but never pulled... I don't think they know either.. we run as an ag machine...

You are right, there is no grey, only black and white.

Fuel is out of dibbles remit. It’s the all-powerful HMCE you need to look out for,

Andy

It would seem that if you get pulled over its all about luck.:thumbup:

I know its not a mog but ive been pulled over by vosa a few times in the last couple of months in a 3.5 tonner and 6 inch chipper. Each time they mention different minor faults and sometimes check out the chipper and sometimes not.

Up to now ive been lucky.:laugh1:

Just about to pick up my forward control MB Trac which we have removed the spray tank and boom and replaced with log deck and attached a Kesla forwarding trailer and crane. MB Trac is Ag registered and we will be carting our own timber on full duty diesel. Do I need to be worried.

Not on the fuels issue