7.5 ton lorry

transit

Indeed, and body types other than tippers tend to have much cleaner tidier chassises underneath.

The only problem is that most of them will be too long for your needs, unless your prepared to shorten the chassis.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldnt bother with the hiab on a 7.5 tonner, the weight of the crane will eat into your meagre payload.

They do come in different lengths, the tippers are the shortest wheelbase, any other body type is usually on a longer chassis.

I agree with Peter hiabs on 7.5 toners is a waste of time, the best lorry for tree work is by far the Isuzu, they are the best weight carriers in the 7.5 ton class, I had one and would have another in a heartbeat

Some of the fridge vans are short enough for your needs.

Kerry foods have short wheel base fridge vans going through BCA on a regular basis.

I wouldn’t write the idea of a “hiab” off just yet. If you are building from the chassis up consider a rear mount hiab and side tipper. You can build that and still have about 2 tonnes of payload. Once you have your trailer test you can put 3.500kg (about 2.6 tonnes of payload) behind it giving you just over 4.5 tonnes payload.

Advantages of a hiab are efficiency and reduced manpower. On the downside it’s yet another ticket you need and another thing to LOLER.

Andy

Dont forget you will need an 'O' licence.

as mentoned before the boys at vosa said any probs with o license give them a call and they will help out its good to get them on side at the start dont u think theystarted this all off as they were ribbing me over the transit and chipper on their site