New chip box.

tommer9

After a disastrous day on the mill, with endless bandblade issues with a handler on hire too:thumbdown:, I gave up on milling at about 5pm and built new sides for the chip box. I have been using ply for years, but recently i have finally got fed up with the appearance. I wanted second hand ali to match the bottom half of the tipper body which i built about 6 years ago, as I thought new would look too shiny. It has taken me a while to find second hand lorry sides of the right plank size for a reasonable price (one scrappy wanted more than new would have cost!!!) but I finally got some the other day. Total build cost of the new bit....£112, and about 4 hours work:thumbup:

A bit more work with the steel wool to make it all the same shininess after work tomorrow methinks.:001_smile:

59765789b9fbd_Newchipbox!!002.jpg.72b0ed98bdc6ecef3c7dbc0769e6626b.jpg

59765789bdde1_Newchipbox!!003.jpg.e5ebecc3417a3f99657a41d3c64b930a.jpg

59765789c0694_Newchipbox!!004.jpg.adf14cab62b018b62a7112dda3c8f58a.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

verry posh tom , i trust the customer will now pay a rather higher premium to have you with your shiney sides working in gardens ! do they make the landy go any faster or is that why your pollishing them with wire wool to get the wind resistance down ?? on a serious note its loking much better mate , where did you get the aly too ?

Its heavier than before.......so now i probably have NO legal carrying capacity whatsoever lol.

As you know i have been looking for ages, and out of the blue someone mentioned a chapin Illogan who does a bit with lorry body work. He had the sides and tailgate off an ex bt 7.5 tonner, which he let me have for scrap price. He still has 3 sides left, at £50 per side, they are 21" high and at a guess 2.5 metres long, maybe a bit more. Ill measure the offcut tommorow and bell you Dave.

Its heavier than before.......so now i probably have NO legal carrying capacity whatsoever lol.

As you know i have been looking for ages, and out of the blue someone mentioned a chapin Illogan who does a bit with lorry body work. He had the sides and tailgate off an ex bt 7.5 tonner, which he let me have for scrap price. He still has 3 sides left, at £50 per side, they are 21" high and at a guess 2.5 metres long, maybe a bit more. Ill measure the offcut tommorow and bell you Dave.

cheers mate , it would be handy to have . what you on tomorrow ? i was inspecting some trees near you today and was going to pop in with bri but we ended up getting called away to another job .