9 week meristwood student nptcs need work!!!

jayla

hello

I have finished the 9 week course at meristwood guildford in may.I signed up with an agency but not got alot from them I found this web sight last night and im wondering if theres any help on here I NEED A JOB!

before starting the course I worked in ground maintenance for 3 years I have nptc 30 1,2 nptc31,38,39 at level 2 and general arboriculture I have my own ppe and climing gear and go out climing all the time.I dont no if its just the area I live in but there dont seem to be much work I will travel or relocate for work if the money is adequate. I have done some small take downs in my area for frends and family. all I need is to get my foot in the door and show that im a good hard worker .PLEASE HELP ME!

Just getting your foot in the door is the hardest part m8 I dont think there is any work out there at the moment I have been looking for work for just under 3months both in liverpool and nottingham and no luck for me

Best of luck with it hope u get something

if you want my advice guys go and do it for yourselfs, i was a trainee climber for 6 months before i started myself. I had a 2 door car, 2 saws and very basic climbing kit. Insurance can be paid monthly, just get gardeners that you can add to if you get anything big. You will get a business acount and free banking for a year. £50 will get some cards and little flyers made up and put them in every shop and cafe you can, hairdressers anywhere. If you need to get rid of stuff hire a skip, befriend a farmer with a trailer or hire a chipper in.

You can make more in a morning self employed than you can in a week working for someone else. Most of the jobs are the rubbish no one else wants, bushes, big hedges stuff gardeners dont want to tackle and big firms never call them back. You might have to cut some grass aswell. This is my 12th year self employed and i have never been skint since the day i started, yes there has been a few bumps in the rd but any rd with no obstacles aint worth taking believe you me. This job is easy, climb up the tree and cut bits off it and dont break anything. thats it, nothing more.:thumbup1:

Yep Stephen is dead right lads . Go out and get it the jobs are there waiting for you . Chatting to everyone you come into contact with will bring you in work for sure . This is what I do and it works .it may not be masses to start with but I can promise you it Will get you some jobs .

The best part is you get to choose your job to your own level of ability and you yourself get to do the fun bit of it .

I never miss an opportunity my cards are allway at the ready . I do the strimming and all the jobs no one else would want . I like the bushes and the Ivy and the smaller tree stuff and Clarence type work for me its fun and I really enjoy what comes in . .I don't have a chipper or truck getting rid of the brash has never been a problem to me yet hippo bags or burning it works just fine for when you are starting out .

To top your private work you can ring round all your local tree company's and and ask for the odd days as self employed keep ringing and ringing it does work persistence pays off

. Even if they don't have any days right away you can be sure they will later so leaving your number with them you can get short notice jobs if one of there lads goes sick or needs holls you can suggest this to them in your conversation with them .

Make a list of the ones you have rang and then ring them every moth or 6 weeks give them your number again as they may of lost it . At worse all they can do is tell you to go away or give you a day to shut you up .

As the winter gets closer the work will be more available with these company's as they tend to employ more lads and lasses from Oct to April .

This site too is excellent and you will find work here , sometimes you may need to travel and take a tent with you but you will get some work on here if you keep looking and are happy to travel there tends to be short notice work that comes up on here once you have worked for one if they like you they will give you more .

I have found even being new to this being self employed is the best choice I have ever made .

I also don't limit myself just to tree work I do any-other self employed work that I can get so it may be private cleaning jobs to house sitting .The other day I landed my self a job for a day on a Farm as he was short of a farm hand it was great fun I was up to my neck in pig Pooh but it was paying good money so went home smiling ear to ear and very happy with the proceeds .

Keep positive and remember every door is a new opportunity you have to be willing to really apply yourselves to seek it out if you do you will be rewarded for your own efforts and not go hungry .

All the best and good luck

Littletree.:thumbup: