Bench Press

Mark Bolam

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im training on a split day program , take for instance yesterday was chest and back , i find i get better results from supper setting ie- 5 sets of six bumbell chest press @36 kg a side with deadlifts @ 130-140kg in betwene . it is intense and you do suffer for the first few sessions but you will see results , also protein intake is important but most importantly you should get your carbs in before training , to aid with your training you could maybe try using Maximuscle Cyclone , i train using it for 3 months on 1 month off and if im totally honest it does help me as it allows me to train that bit harder and for longer .

Chest n back on the same day....:thumbdown:

whats wrong with chest and back on the same day ??

You wont grow to your full potential.

One body part per session with a max of sixteen sets.

Legs first cos they're the the most important. Day off then chest, next day back then day off then shoulders then arms then a day or two off then back to legs.

The 'explosive' press up is a good one.

Thanks to all who contributed, it's all relevant.

Dave, I have used Cyclone to good effect, but it's overpriced. Currently on 2 months worth of pure creatine for £7.95 and eating healthy.

I have set PB's on reps with certain weights since I started this thread during Monday Night Bench Press Club. Switching to sets of 8 is a killer, but it is working!

Mick, your comments are irrelevant.

Everyone on Arbtalk knows you are built like a pipecleaner, and sub Plippy in for any heavy lifting...

You wont grow to your full potential.

One body part per session with a max of sixteen sets.

Legs first cos they're the the most important. Day off then chest, next day back then day off then shoulders then arms then a day or two off then back to legs.

thats interesting , i currently train 5-6 days a week - day 1 legs, 2 cardio and abs, 3 chest and back, 4 cardio and abs , 5 shoulders and arms , 6 cardio and abs ,7 day off before beasting my legs again

Everyone on Arbtalk knows you are built like a pipecleaner, and sub Plippy in for any heavy lifting...

thats not true mark, he makes tracey do all the heavy lifting, then rings me up saying he's had a hard week and that he's gona take some time off, i normall get that call on a monday:001_tt2::lol: