Help finding a Transit Tipper

egs

clutch will have more stress on it with more power in the engine, my mate just re-ajusted all the tappets on mine and adjusted the injection pump a bit that has given mine more power although it is a bit smokey when the revs are down in 5th but once you get going it clears.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if there are any arb guys on the Transit forum - but there are loads on there who have had their vans re-mapped by Martyn who runs Van Tuner - Transit Van Tuning and I've never heard anything but praise for his work. Don't go for the ebay "tuning boxes" which are basically an overpriced resistor in a box that fools the system into constant over-fuelling. Martyn will do you a proper re-map which is a whole different ball game.

Not sure what chaffey meant by a gross weight of 5 tonnes incidentally? All the tippers are 3.5 tonne gross AFAIK. A couple of the bigger van models are plated at 4.6 tonne. If he meant gross train weight - that's a different matter - a 5 tonne train weight doesn't mean you can load the vehicle up to 5 tonnes!

Andy

What i meant was when we went to tip and weighed the vehicle the gross weight was nearly 5 tons. I realise we can only carry 3.5 tons and the train weight on a tranny is actually more than 5 tons, what i was trying to say is it is so easy to overload a crewcab transit as there is a lot of room in the tray! The weight of our van is 2750kg unloaded so if you do the math you will find that most of the people using crewcab transits are probably running with too much weight on them every day!! How many of the guys out there think although the tray is half full we're at full capacity? Full capacity is usually when you can get no more in:lol:

Totally agree Chaffey.

With ali greedy boards, a full back full of anything bar hedge clippings is well overweight.

Chip is bad enough, but packing it full of cord after a big takedown would get you hanged, I reckon.

You know, like Lorry's truck in his picture?:001_tt2:

Just need to keep an eye on it. Big fines these days.

Any luck yet Egs?