12 hour days

conkers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure?

It was a question not an accusation.

I wonder how you would fair as an employer,if an employee had an accident and the HSE found out you knew they were getting very little sleep ?

I wasn't meaning to sound arsey if it did :wave: it just shows what this country is coming too when most employees (whatever line of work) have to run at least one other job to have any kind of quality life :thumbsdown:

I have a background in rock climbing and My grade is/was very high indeed. It has informed my tree climbing and so i would say I am very competant.

What grade exactley what sort of climbing Sport, Trad... Bouldering? What crags you visit? I am a very keen rock climber and it is totally different to tree climbing tree climbing you climb your rope alot and sit in your harness climbing, well, sitting in your harness is what your trying not to do! I suppose it would improve stamina up a tree but not technique.....but then again what do i know??????? Just interested because if i can proof rock climbing helps my work i might get earlier finishes:icon14:......for the benefit of the job like.:vroam:

I have a background in rock climbing and My grade is/was very high indeed. It has informed my tree climbing and so i would say I am very competant.

What grade exactley what sort of climbing Sport, Trad... Bouldering? What crags you visit? I am a very keen rock climber and it is totally different to tree climbing tree climbing you climb your rope alot and sit in your harness climbing, well, sitting in your harness is what your trying not to do! I suppose it would improve stamina up a tree but not technique.....but then again what do i know??????? Just interested because if i can proof rock climbing helps my work i might get earlier finishes:icon14:......for the benefit of the job like.:vroam:

Seems we have an undercalss of rock jocks on this forum. I'm leading about E2/6a trad usually if i've been sandbagged. I 'm not very cosistent at this grade but I'm old and fat. Back in the day it was E6/7a (my best lead)

Yes your correct in that rock climbing avoids sitting in the harness. but I favor a tree climbing style like many, that involves climbing the tree with lots of reliance on fairlead. Rock informs my movements and coordination foot placements and balance; having said that, my groundie told me today that I sound like a pensioner going round the tree. My peak is over.

Never miss a chance to have a go? Your a clever chap, theres no need to sink to cheap insults; but in the spirit of transparency that is sweeping the forum....

I have been a tree surgeon for 24 years. I'm 41 now and years of abuse are showing in my speed. My experience and methods take up alot of the slack, but this isn't sustainable. After years in the industry, i've got a fair idea of how good a climber I am. I have a background in rock climbing and My grade is/was very high indeed. It has informed my tree climbing and so i would say I am very competant. i've been better when i was in my twenties. If there had been comp climbing back then, I'd have been happy.

I decided to take on a second carrer to jump ship to when I needed to. My business started about 10 years ago. I have been building it up by working at night. when it has established a good customer base, I will retire from arb. I have to keep the regular cash coming in from arb to pay for bills etc. I'm a film director and photographer and as a photographer I am now taking the highest possible fee for my work. I earn 19 days worth of arb money in one day. just need a few more contacts and I'm away.

So to answer your, jibe, I am very good at both, and I have changed direction.

You any good at arb?

Good for you! Best of luck.

I found that tree climbing improves your balance dramatically and can only benifit your rock climbing.