Your vehicle of choice???

Logrover

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well everything apart from the engine is 1955 original, ie chassis/ bodywork and the rest is pre 1965 series 2 upgraded bits!!! ha ha and i agree with the jap thing above they are now cars...not work vehicles!!!

Think we'll have to agree to disagree. You Landie guys love them and i can see why as they've got a bit of a cult status now. I just like a van that starts every time and is updated now and again and doesn't run with a 50 year old design ha ha ha:001_tt2:

Think we'll have to agree to disagree. You Landie guys love them and i can see why as they've got a bit of a cult status now. I just like a van that starts every time and is updated now and again and doesn't run with a 50 year old design ha ha ha:001_tt2:

mine starts every time and is bang up to date,,, got electric windows and everything..:001_tt2:

Been a Land Rover fan for years and have owned 5 but my 1985 90 with a Disco 200 tdi is starting to cost me on down time.Thinking of buying something more modern but have heard mixed opinions on TD5 reliability.

Anyone had problems with head gaskets followed by major breakdowns?Would I be better off searching for a low mileage 300tdi.Thanks.

I am surprised no one on any of the vehicle threads I have read has mentioned the latest style Ford Ranger which has been out for a couple of years now. In the March 2010 edition of "4x4" magazine (used to be Off Road and Four Wheel Drive for those of you old enough to remember) the Ranger won the group pick up test - the contenders being Isuzu Rodeo, Mazda BT50, Mitsubishi L200 (surely one of the most unattractive vehicles ever built!!),Nissan Navara and the Toyota HILux. A friend of mine has one and swears by it and a lot of the gamekeepers on estates where he picks up have switched from Defenders to Rangers and they rate them very highly. After 20 years of Land Rover ownership I am even considering buying one!

I am surprised no one on any of the vehicle threads I have read has mentioned the latest style Ford Ranger which has been out for a couple of years now. In the March 2010 edition of "4x4" magazine (used to be Off Road and Four Wheel Drive for those of you old enough to remember) the Ranger won the group pick up test - the contenders being Isuzu Rodeo, Mazda BT50, Mitsubishi L200 (surely one of the most unattractive vehicles ever built!!),Nissan Navara and the Toyota HILux. A friend of mine has one and swears by it and a lot of the gamekeepers on estates where he picks up have switched from Defenders to Rangers and they rate them very highly. After 20 years of Land Rover ownership I am even considering buying one!

Yep on my second ranger, good trucks , tow 3 ton 1/2 the price of a landrover. I am a land rover fan I've had 3 but I'm running a business and need a vehicle that's reliable, economic, starts 1st time , no drafts , the heater & the air con work.

I will get another landy at some time but not as my main vehicle.