I tried it and i liked it

Ian Flatters

Hi Tommer,

Firstly we still have to pay the same petrol tax on aspen as normal fuel.

Aspen is a much further refined product then regular pump fuel, and money is constantly spent trying to improve the product for what is potentialy your benefit.

furthermore you have to take account for the cost of transport and packaging aswell as storage fees and handling.

in a way you can look at it similar to water. I.e When you get water from the tap (bulk) its cheap. when you buy it in a bottle from your nearest store its much more expensive.

Aspen is an amazing product, i hope that one day you will try some and give it a fair trial :thumbup1:

as for the 80%, i wish that was profit on Aspen. Maybe then i would be able to trade in my Aspen Caddy van for something a little bit more exciting :001_cool:

It still doesnt alter the fact that it is so much more expensive than petrol, even though 80% of pump petrol is tax, yet 80% of aspen ISNT going to the govt....so where is it going.........to cover the costs of research into it...which when covered will simply mean that Aspen are making a killing out of an industry that is running on mega tight margins already. Other than hedge trimming (which i dont do) and alaskan milling (which i do very little of) I fail to see the benefit other than for aspen fuels LTD.:confused1::001_smile:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been using aspen now for about 2 weeks and loving it, no fumes just a lovely smell. The 046 and blower run fine, smaller engines need the low jet turned back a quarter turn. I havent tried it in the top handle yet. I have been working in damp conditions with very little air and beside walls with the 046 flushing stumps, usually this is a gasp for gasp job with nipping eyes, not now. Even leaf blowing is better and i am enjoying hedge cutting again. Go for it guys give it a bash.:thumbup1:

just phoned my local Aspen dealer to see if they had the new Fill Partner which they didnt, i also asked how much the Aspen was now. £13.60+vat an increase of £1.40+ vat on a 5 litre can. if AAOIL are so keen for us to use the stuff why wack a big price rise on it. the price of ordinary petrol has come down in recent weeks, now about £1.14 or £1.15 per litre why has Aspen gone up by so much. i cannot afford to buy in bulk and have nowhere to store it. answers please.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

i have been using aspen now for about 2 weeks and loving it, no fumes just a lovely smell. The 046 and blower run fine, smaller engines need the low jet turned back a quarter turn. I havent tried it in the top handle yet. I have been working in damp conditions with very little air and beside walls with the 046 flushing stumps, usually this is a gasp for gasp job with nipping eyes, not now. Even leaf blowing is better and i am enjoying hedge cutting again. Go for it guys give it a bash.:thumbup1:

Me too,used it in my little top handle echo tes 270,and it runs a treat,its expensive,but good.:thumbup1:

• 1 year later...

Filled empty saws (346xp and Echo Power-pruner) with Aspen yesterday. Bit scared but no problems. No adjustments seemingly needed.

As for the smell, didnt notice any difference, although that may have had something to do with the fact I was working on top of an exposed floodbank in 40mph+ wind:biggrin:

I ran it in my 880 sunday for few hours, an expensive saw to run it on i know but i don't use it from time to time for a month or two so am hoping it will save it degrading also the health benfits are worth the cost for what i use! She seems to run fine on it, perhaps no so good at starting but that may have me been getting tired:001_huh: Might try 200l drum next time but will take me a while to use that much, but much easier not having to phaff about mixing to correct mixtures just pour it in and off i go!!!:thumbup:

My disc cutter loves the stuff and its so much better smeling in confined spaces its go to be better!!

The problem to most people is the high price despite being a good product both for saws and the person using the Aspen.

Selling in small cans makes no sense to all. (storage problems/shipping/price on each can/disposal of cans/use in the woods and on site)

20ltrs barrels and 200ltrs drums is the direction it should go. It is like that in Sweden and Norway so should be here but do not understand the reason unable to have here.