Qualifications.Important or not?

Mike Hill

for those who want the quals then go out there and get them...

The future is your own making. I have always believed that... 110%

Use the same determination you muster up on a cold wet day to get the job done.

Maybe I am blind to it, but quals help but they are not the be all and end all.

I have a Bsc Hons in Exercise physiology and Computer science, so what..! I cut wood and love it everyday. (well most days anyway!)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the cowboys i worry about not the people that work hard train hard, like you by the sounds of things! im sorry for being dour about it. i know nptc is just a ticket but it is a legal requirement now. however nothing compares to experience( like you have said) and knowing the proper techniques through training helps in gaining the experience required to provide people with base knowledge to work under those who have been in the industry for a long time.

there will always be cowboys, some may think i am a cowboy compared to their methods, some folk will be impressed with the dodgiest of guys as long as they get the job done. I dont worry about others, there is no point, i cant police the world so i look out for myself and do things my way because i have to deal with the consequences aswell as the rewards for my actions.

i totally agree!!!!! i think i got off on the wrong foot with everyone i just wanted to make a point, not cause a storm!!!!!!

it will always be up to the individual what they do, ive done some dodgy stuff too, i guess we all have to get things finished and make some ££ but i still think quals is a good start1

thats my tuppence for the day!

Edited by Monkey-D
language

Surely the qualifications were talking about are just a basic requirement and nothing more.

Its not like there very difficult to achieve.

The problem is that a lot of people think that once they have them there a top class climber and in the same league as everyone else. No different from a young lad passing his driving test and thinking he's Michael Schumacher.:001_smile:

yeah that is also true, however unless they are loaded they cant really start up themselves without working with someone or a company that has experience that will give them the opportunity to work as a groundsman and work their way up the ladder. they may loose a bit of money by letting an inexperienced person climb but if we dont let the new blood practice we will become stagnant as an industry!

yeah that is also true, however unless they are loaded they cant really start up themselves without working with someone or a company that has experience that will give them the opportunity to work as a groundsman and work their way up the ladder. they may loose a bit of money by letting an inexperienced person climb but if we dont let the new blood practice we will become stagnant as an industry!

I think the Training organisations should produce Graduates with the skills and attitude to make a Employer Money from day one.Not a bunch of listless over equipt, under speed and desiring an unrealistic wage for their minimal skill.