Try Aspen fuel - Arbtalk Offer

Aspen@AAOIL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aspens great, i would encourage anyone to try it for a few weeks.

i used to look at it in the local chainsaw shop and think it was a load of overpriced tosh, i was very wrong! some of us pay £200+ for a pair of chainsaw trousers, wheras a £60 pair do the same job, but we may never cut them with a saw for 10 years. every day for hours on end we expose ourselves to chainsaw emissions, why not limit these emissions by using aspen? as arbtalk member xerses has said on another thread aspen should be considered ppe. im not a scientist, so have to believe aspen is less harmfull than normal petrol (however harmfull that is or is not) but what i have noticed since using aspen, is more energy, no stingy eyes or coughing when cutting large stumps down, and a pleasant smell.

try it, then comment:001_smile:

every aspen thread this has been the case!

:congrats::congrats::thumbup:

Just trying to convince myself to take the offer Steve

Go on give it a go! Never mind the scare mongering - let's move on from that and just try some. Then post how you got on.

:thumbup:

Just trying to convince myself to take the offer Steve

Heres a link to wikipedia explaining the health effects of benzene which is very much present in regular unleaded petrol. Note the reference to dizziness and headaches which users on the forum who use aspen report they no longer experience.

Benzene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (scroll down to health effects)

:thumbup1:

Try having kids. Dizziness and headaches are just the start.:thumbup::lol:

How long can you store it for? Does it go off like normal petrol? Call me a Luddite but this is the first time I've really looked at this product. Seems like a positive step forward. We tried some bio 2-stroke a few years ago and wrote off 5 chainsaws. Does it affect the Stihl warranty? Apologies if these answers are available elsewhere.:001_smile:

Heres a link to wikipedia explaining the health effects of benzene which is very much present in regular unleaded petrol. Note the reference to dizziness and headaches which users on the forum who use aspen report they no longer experience.

Benzene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (scroll down to health effects)

Yeah but that wiki entry is wildly wrong....in fact since 2000 benzene levels in uk petrol have been less than 1% by volume.....(source:UKPIA):001_smile:

Reading all your comments with interest and would like to make a comment.

I remember cutting wood in a railway cutting on a damp day, we just started using lead free after there was much talk that it would ruin an engine (2 and 4 stroke) as we know that was not the case and 2 stroke saws run fine with it, the trouble was we finished the day with eyes burning noses running a very soar throat and the MF of head aches!

I always run Husqvarna saws and never had any problems running at 50/1 and the best oil.

This week I got a gallon of lead free & added the oil as normal, the petrol dont smell like petrol any more but the saws still run the same. The old days of syphoning with a tube has gone I wouldnt want any of that stuff near me now.

Aspen sounds the way to go, I would like to try it and in fact been looking out for it but with no luck, the price is more but when you weigh it up I would personally give it a go....... if only I could find it:confused1:

I know they are doing an offer but all I want to do it buy a gallon and give it a try, no pressure and not having to spend loads just to try it. If I did try it I would probably stick with it but so far I am more likely to come across gold rocking horse sh**

If more places dont stock this it is never going to take off, it needs to get onto garage forcourts, garden centres and ALL the husqvarna & Stihl dealers in the UK, I live in wales surrounded by forestry and to date I never seen the stuff anywhere.

So, I would try it. I cant try it because I cant get myself a gallon to try. I could get it direct but would have to buy more than I am prepared to spend on and would need to store it. At present when I want a can full I just go and get it no hassle, put the oil in and ready to go.

Aspen either needs some good marketing or they can forget it ever taking off, which makes me think is this just a ploy with the HUGE crooks like Shell-BP and the like to convince us they are doing something for the planet by setting up an alternative fuel so we all rush off spend more and convince ourselves we are doing our bit for the planet:sneaky2:

Sorry this is a long one, good luck Aspen I hope you can get more stockists and good luck all you cutters out there that would like to try it.