Try Aspen fuel - Arbtalk Offer

Aspen@AAOIL

Hi Woodpecker,

The idea behind using Aspen fuel is that you will eventually buy it in bulk, (ie a pallet of 54 cans or 2x200L drum) This entitles you to a Pro User discount of 10% and free freight.

once you have calculated in the cost of going to the petrol station and filling up regular fuel, buying oil, time spent mixing and driving to the petrol station. it works out less then twice the cost.

There are many ways of justifying switching to Aspen.

These include,

the convenience of having the ready mixed fuel (no more time spent mixing and potentially getting the wrong mixture which could lead to expensive saw repairs)

Pro longed saw life, due to the above and the clean burning characteristics of the fuel.

spillproof container when used with the fillpartner filling spout.

however, we hope that the health benefits alone should make you want to use Aspen and by reading what many users of Aspen on this forum have said im sure this is the case for them.

What does it cost to go to the petrol station?

I carry a supply of mix oil in the vehicle and I fill the van up regularly enough that filling a couple of cans is hardly a hardship. There are usually 2 of us so if I fill the cans Liam fills the van. I also get my caffeine fix so I don’t see what costs you are referring to.

I can however see cost implications with storing 400l of flammable material. Ideally it would be in a bunded store, although that isn’t a requirement. Then there is the cost of keeping stock. Currently BP and others hold my stock at no cost to me and I call off whatever quantities I need when I need it. If I inadvertently run out of fuel on a job, re supply is as far away as the nearest filling station.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry a supply of mix oil in the vehicle and I fill the van up regularly enough that filling a couple of cans is hardly a hardship. There are usually 2 of us so if I fill the cans Liam fills the van. I also get my caffeine fix so I don’t see what costs you are referring to.

I can however see cost implications with storing 400l of flammable material. Ideally it would be in a bunded store, although that isn’t a requirement. Then there is the cost of keeping stock. Currently BP and others hold my stock at no cost to me and I call off whatever quantities I need when I need it. If I inadvertently run out of fuel on a job, re supply is as far away as the nearest filling station.

Actually I used to find it a real pain to fill up with fuel if you ran out towards the end of a job usually having to 'borrow' a bit out of the blower. And ok the garage may be a couple of miles away and it only takes 20 minutes but for me that was a right PITA. Seem to fill up cans much more regularly than the truck but I only work a short radius from home and always fill the truck right up.

Aspen do a container for £108 for keeping the fuel in which is not a big cost for something that'll last at least 5 to 10 years or however long.

Actually I used to find it a real pain to fill up with fuel if you ran out towards the end of a job usually having to 'borrow' a bit out of the blower. And ok the garage may be a couple of miles away and it only takes 20 minutes but for me that was a right PITA. Seem to fill up cans much more regularly than the truck but I only work a short radius from home and always fill the truck right up.

Aspen do a container for £108 for keeping the fuel in which is not a big cost for something that'll last at least 5 to 10 years or however long.

I guess that’s down to area, unless I am working within a mile or two of home I pass at least three filling stations, one of them even has a subway.

I just thought the idea that going to the filling station wasn’t a good enough reason to hold 400l of fuel.

How far is it back to your yard if you run out? I bet you would pass at least one filling station.

Andy

i guess thats all down to where you are driving to, for some this might not be an inconvenience whilst for others it could.

as for your coffee, isnt the average price for a cup at a petrol station about two pounds whereas if you made it at home and put it in a thermos it would only cost 20p max? pretty sure thats 10 times more expensive with no added benefits apart from convenience.

does this not make paying twice as much for a product with all the benefits of Aspen seems like a good deal in comparison?

just a thought.

I can see your concern with the outlay of having fuel in stock. However, as users report that they feel much better and that their health improves and therefore work with more energy maybe this can justify the extra cost of storage.

i guess thats all down to where you are driving to, for some this might not be an inconvenience whilst for others it could.

as for your coffee, isnt the average price for a cup at a petrol station about two pounds whereas if you made it at home and put it in a thermos it would only cost 20p max? pretty sure thats 10 times more expensive with no added benefits apart from convenience.

does this not make paying twice as much for a product with all the benefits of Aspen seems like a good deal in comparison?

just a thought.

I can see your concern with the outlay of having fuel in stock. However, as users report that they feel much better and that their health improves and therefore work with more energy maybe this can justify the extra cost of storage.

Caffeine is my only vice, I like my coffee filtered fresh and hot and I like Latte. I am prepared to pay for the privilege. I will condemn my freshly brewed coffee to a flask if needed but Liam’s jet boil provides hot water for fresh on site. A couple of quid for a coffee is hardly comparable to paying double for something I need by the gallon.

Don’t underestimate the value of convenience if we didn’t like our convenience there would be a lot of empty corner shops.

There is more than the cost implication to storing the 400l, My yard is next to a water course and spillage would be a disaster not to mention the fire risk.

I would have made the effort to try Aspen but to be honest your scaremongering posting about "time to wake up" has shot you in the foot. We (as in many other industries) get a lot of people telling us that their product is the new black and we would be foolish to miss out. Most of them are worthless and in taking the same tack you have (imho) put your product in the same category.

I am sure I will come across your product in due course but I won’t be looking for it.

Andy

PS I (like many others) have been using pump petrol for many years without the benefit of a mask and I am not dead yet. If it can kill me how and why haven’t the HSE told me about it?

Andy,

im sorry if we have scared you away from trying alkylate petrol of any kind as this certainly wasnt our aim.

The reason why we started selling aspen is because we have seen the benefits it gives for its users throughout europe and we stand behind our product 100%. It makes me happy to read all the really positive comments posted on this forum about aspen by individuals in the same business as yourself who have made the switch, and we merely want to give others the chance to try it.

If "scaring" people is what we have to do to get people to try it then i really dont see the problem as pretty much everyone who has tried it will keep using it because they realise the benefits!

As for your comment about not being dead from using normal pump fuel, that's great news! but the reality is that just like smoking or inhaling asbestos it takes time. Do you really have to wait untill someone at the HSE tells you stop before you are willing to try a healthier alternative?

It's a fact that when people first started smoking they didnt know about the health concerns and im sure it would never have gotten so popular if they then knew about all of the health related problems because of smoking then I'm sure most would have stopped straight away.

Is it a coincidence that the people who have tried Aspen, now use it regularly and are very happy with the product, but the people who havent tried it just complain about the price?. I personally dont think it is.

Axel

Axel

You haven’t scared me away from using aspen, what I said was I would have tried it but for your scaremongering. I personally haven’t complained about the price, some of that has come from “gods own county” where frugality is a virtue. If you think shock and scare tactics are an appropriate business model that’s fine but. The conventional wisdom holds that you catch more flies with honey.

I know asbestos is dangerous because the powers that be have issued warnings about it and regulated its handling and there is a body of scientific work to back that up. I have had family members die from asbestos related illnesses but no one I know has died because of pump petrol. Pump petrol has been around at least as long as asbestos and the ill effects of that have been recognised for many years, surely if petrol was similarly lethal we would know by now.

Back in the day people pumped your gas for you, particularly in North America (the “sue you” capitol of the world). Have there been any documented cases of pump petrol killing people? How can it kill me? Do the petrochemical companies know about it?

Andy

Axel

You haven’t scared me away from using aspen, what I said was I would have tried it but for your scaremongering. I personally haven’t complained about the price, some of that has come from “gods own county” where frugality is a virtue. If you think shock and scare tactics are an appropriate business model that’s fine but. The conventional wisdom holds that you catch more flies with honey.

I know asbestos is dangerous because the powers that be have issued warnings about it and regulated its handling and there is a body of scientific work to back that up. I have had family members die from asbestos related illnesses but no one I know has died because of pump petrol. Pump petrol has been around at least as long as asbestos and the ill effects of that have been recognised for many years, surely if petrol was similarly lethal we would know by now.

Back in the day people pumped your gas for you, particularly in North America (the “sue you” capitol of the world). Have there been any documented cases of pump petrol killing people? How can it kill me? Do the petrochemical companies know about it?

Andy

and all your posts in this thread are relevant to the offer aspen are running in their 'arbtalk shop window' how?

aspens great, i would encourage anyone to try it for a few weeks.

i used to look at it in the local chainsaw shop and think it was a load of overpriced tosh, i was very wrong! some of us pay £200+ for a pair of chainsaw trousers, wheras a £60 pair do the same job, but we may never cut them with a saw for 10 years. every day for hours on end we expose ourselves to chainsaw emissions, why not limit these emissions by using aspen? as arbtalk member xerses has said on another thread aspen should be considered ppe. im not a scientist, so have to believe aspen is less harmfull than normal petrol (however harmfull that is or is not) but what i have noticed since using aspen, is more energy, no stingy eyes or coughing when cutting large stumps down, and a pleasant smell.

try it, then comment:001_smile:

Is it a coincidence that the people who have tried Aspen, now use it regularly and are very happy with the product, but the people who havent tried it just complain about the price?. I personally dont think it is.

Axel

every aspen thread this has been the case!