Arbtalk fungi guide

Steve Bullman

hia monkey i found them in sherwood forest visitor centre , the last 2 were in the car park i know nothing about fungi except they look cool :thumbup: any tips on literature i can learn and identify from :confused1:

Try the Directory here at the site.

it's a good start :thumbup1:

Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists Fungi Directory

• 1 month later...
Someone's been throwing Naan bread around up here in Moray. Guess you might have lots of this but I've no idea. Taken today. Forecast for the tree?

Jim,

No Naan bread, but annual brackets of the "Chicken of the Woods" (Laetiporus sulphureus), which causes a brown rot of the central wood column of the tree. Depending on the tree species (which in this case is ?) and also taking the large wound close to the brackets into consideration, the prognosis for the tree ranges from detrimental on the short run to not that problematic on the long run.

Edited by Fungus

Jim,

No Naan bread, but annual brackets of the "Chicken of the Woods" (Laetiporus sulphureus), which causes a brown rot of the central wood column of the tree. Depending on the tree species (which in this case is ?) and also taking the large wound close to the brackets into consideration, the prognosis for the tree ranges from detrimental on the short run to not that problematic on the long run.

acer negundo or ash looking at the lichen coverage, which is also a indication of low vigor as its not shedding bark plates fast enough.

Hi, Any help with this fungi spoted on a Yew recently gratefully recieved. New to this so if it is common then please forgive my ignorance. Also what is the possile fate of the Yew and can I advise any work/corrective measures required?

Cheers

IMG_0144.jpg.0e1f30b353501402f6175b83006c4d88.jpg

Hi, Any help with this fungi spoted on a Yew recently gratefully recieved. New to this so if it is common then please forgive my ignorance. Also what is the possile fate of the Yew and can I advise any work/corrective measures required?

Cheers

Steve have a look at the directory link :001_smile:

Laetiporus sulphureus

• 3 months later...

Ramaria stricta on Salix. Found this in a mobile home park while out surveying the park trees. It is only very small but I wonder if the guys with the experience could tell me the significance please? Will there be a deeper significance below ground/on the roots? :confused1:

DSC06868.jpg.f1fc633ab0de6f1981864bc74715e572.jpg

DSC06869.jpg.2dd539653b84f0e2d8ced3611d55eb5b.jpg

DSC06870.jpg.7ad7994cfc3dee44ff9df27479368cef.jpg

DSC06867.jpg.f1e0badae42d2b84ac6a10cad4f0ef31.jpg