Riko Log Splitters

dave28

Hi, Just reviewing the comments re Riko log splitters as its my company! It's the first time I have posted a reply as I don’t like members to think we are trying to blow our own trumpet or interfere with members discussions but on this occasion felt the need to respond.

Comment for Dave28: :001_smile:unless you have a modern tractor with very good flow and 3000psi pressure then I would always recommend going for a PTO model so you are guaranteed it will perform to its stated levels. On the Major I would therefore say PTO model and due to tractor HP 12 to 18 ton, 22 ton may stall the tractor on really tough stuff. Basically go for the biggest the budget will allow. If you wish we can gear a big one down to suit the tractor HP but it will be slower.

Comment for Ad15 :re his A12:confused1:, I believe its actually an A11V. Anyway on the later A11V the factory changed the position and I have 'strongly' given them my views about the naff new axle position. I was not aware that you were told you would have to pay for the axle to be moved and agree it is unacceptable. Please email me directly (Stephen Cabrol) on [email protected] and I will get you a new axle and bigger tyres sent down FOC with a drawing of where to have them welded on. If anyone else out there has the new type A11 and is unhappy then please let me know as well so I can sort it for you too.

General comment: Thank you for the positive comments and feed back from happy owners and thanks even for the negative ones! We are not perfect but within reason we will always do our best to improve product and customer relations. Long live Arbtalk!:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stephen, looking at getting a log splitter from you soon, in fact meant to speak to you at the APF but you were very busy, after the 40 inch on wheels but can't decide electric or petrol, don't want PTO as it ties my tractor up. Do I make the right assumption that the petrol is more powerful than the electric?

The alpine tractor and crane is still working flat out in Cardiffs woodlands.

Rich

Thinking about buying a splitter this year and Riko looks like a good bet.Wondered if anybody has any thoughts about vertical vs horizontal and tractor hydraulics (Fordson Major) vs pto pump.I want to , any thoughts on this much appreciated.Thanks.

The important thing in what you ve said above is the Fordson Major.

I cannot find data for the ordinary and new majors, but the higher output Power major only puts out 24.4 litres of flow per minute.

Most decent splitters of about 10-14 tonne pressure will require a flow rate of about 30 to 50 litres per minute?

So you either have to look at getting a more costly PTO driven hydraulic splitter, or a lower pressure / tonnage splitter, or a differant tractor. Or a PTO driven spiral splitter, but I think there are safety concerns with these.

I may be wrong about the above, but in my case, I have an MF 250 that puts out 53 l/m, and an AMR 12 tonne splitter that needs 35 l/m. I ve a friend that has a bigger tractor, but a lower pump rate and its not fit for the AMR, hopes this helps!

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have been trying to buy a log splitter from riko for over a month now have sent two emails (no reply} several phone calls got a price from receptionist  but said i wanted a bit more technical info  was told there salesman was setting up a stand for royal welsh show .was then told he was setting up a stand for black isle show .how long does it take to make a phonecall  is this company not interested in taking your money