Riko Log Splitters

dave28

The hydraulic splitters i have seen have been on newish 100 hp tractors and seem to work fine on just over tickover, where as a pto driven one will have the tractor sat there braying away using more diesel will it not?

Most tractors of this size will have 1000 speed PTO and be able to produce 540 rpm at about 1200 engine rpm.Most tractors can do this to a 6 spline shaft some older ones will need a 21 spline to 6 spline adapter.

I run my tractor flail hedge trimmer using the 1000 speed PTO - uses alot less fuel,quieter and gives lower gears for when its really overgrown.:lol:

RIKO's solution for my wheel issue was for ME to go and get them moved,...

I think that's a little dramatic Ady. To move the wheels from the position they come from the factory (which perhaps isn't to everyone's taste) is a ten minute job, including 30 seconds worth of welding - as it was, by the time I left I'd not heard anything back from you to say otherwise so assumed you'd got sorted.

Ow and one more thing. Before posting this i sent a personal message on here to the riko rep and gues what? He replied but only to say that he no longer works for riko lol! And this guy was moor helpful then anybody i have spoken to so far. I think it was Chris Shepard by the way.

I dont like slagging off companies but i think there are to many out there that just dont give a damn about customer care and they should be named and shamed!

Yes, it was me, and it's no secret I've left and most people already know that anyway (or had worked it out).

I've been back in the woods since November and feel great ,mentally and physically and have been lucky enough to be busy right from day one.

I may have left, but it was on good terms, I wasn't sacked, asked to leave, made redundant etc, and I do feel bad for leaving them understaffed - so if you want to blame anyone - blame me I'm thick skinned :001_rolleyes:

FWIW - if you think running a tree business is stressful - try spending a week in JimE's shoes - I know what it's like and it wasn't for me.

not dramatic at all, chris,, it's the truth,,, ok,,a 10 minute job,, but i don't weld, have no access to welding kit, so for me to "get it fixed" involves getting the splitter onto the trailer, ( no mean feat with the wheels where they are) i'd then have to find someone willing to do the job, take it to them, get it off the trailer (again, with the wheels where they are it's not easy, the thing has already tried to kill me twice) then tip the thing over so that it can be welded..

OH and pay the guy for doing the job,. and then follow the same procedure to get it home,,

SO,,,, a simple ten minute job is it? being dramatic am I????? all this for a bit of kit i paid alot of money for,,,,

not dramatic at all, chris,, it's the truth,,, ok,,a 10 minute job,, but i don't weld, have no access to welding kit, so for me to "get it fixed" involves getting the splitter onto the trailer, ( no mean feat with the wheels where they are) i'd then have to find someone willing to do the job, take it to them, get it off the trailer (again, with the wheels where they are it's not easy, the thing has already tried to kill me twice) then tip the thing over so that it can be welded..

OH and pay the guy for doing the job,. and then follow the same procedure to get it home,,

SO,,,, a simple ten minute job is it? being dramatic am I????? all this for a bit of kit i paid alot of money for,,,,

Maybe getting back to me at the time saying so could have avoided it building up enough to feel the need to vent on a forum.

wasn't venting chris,,, i made a small comment re my service from riko,,, you said was being dramatic,,, felt i needed to clarify as you made out i was being petty...

i still have a splitter which is a nightmare to move,,,not your problem as you no longer work there anyway,,

Hello Ady, if you want to discuss further please email us. I'll be happy to try and help find a solution. Alot of people are happy with the placement of the wheels, we also supply a trailer unit for people who want a bit more portability.

This is the first I have heard about the trouble you are having.

Now I really must go and get a life, I dont work weekends!

Hello Ady, if you want to discuss further please email us. I'll be happy to try and help find a solution. Alot of people are happy with the placement of the wheels, we also supply a trailer unit for people who want a bit more portability.

This is the first I have heard about the trouble you are having.

Now I really must go and get a life, I dont work weekends!

To be fair when i bought my splitter i looked at riko and they were very helpfull and got back to me with in 2 days and answered all my e mails promtley in the end i bought a thor magik from Joe turner . I will be going to riko to buy a log saw as there cheaper than the thor ones but look just as well made.

wasn't venting chris,,, i made a small comment re my service from riko,,, you said was being dramatic,,, felt i needed to clarify as you made out i was being petty...

i still have a splitter which is a nightmare to move,,,not your problem as you no longer work there anyway,,

I'm sorry if that's how you had taken it Ady, maybe I had read your original post wrongly and felt others could too. As they say, there's two sides to every story so I was adding my part. :biggrin:

You're absolutely right, but whilst I may not work there anymore, it was me that had put the suggestion to you regarding moving the existing wheels so it was me rather than the actual company that gave poor service surely? Plus, if you had gotten back to me about the issue at the time I could have looked further into rectifying it, but, there's nothing I can do about it now (but Jim can :001_tt2:)

Edited by Chris Sheppard

FWIW - if you think running a tree business is stressful - try spending a week in JimE's shoes - I know what it's like and it wasn't for me.

Proof that they are understaffed then! Poor JimE will just be the next "off with stress" statistic if that's the way things are run. Greedy chief and not enough indians. Philanthropic companies are the way forward!

That's just so frustrating. It wasn't broke but some idiot fixed it and now some doughnut feeds back that it's ok with the wheels in the middle. Since when has a "chassis" with a centre axle and a ground clearance of less than an inch been acceptable? How on earth is it ergonomically logical to slide a machine rather than tip it and walk? I and others typically already own a trailer suitable for moving an A11 type machine from site to site; we don't need another bill for another piece of steel taking up more space.

Proof that they are understaffed then! Poor JimE will just be the next "off with stress" statistic if that's the way things are run. Greedy chief and not enough indians. Philanthropic companies are the way forward!

That's just so frustrating. It wasn't broke but some idiot fixed it and now some doughnut feeds back that it's ok with the wheels in the middle. Since when has a "chassis" with a centre axle and a ground clearance of less than an inch been acceptable? How on earth is it ergonomically logical to slide a machine rather than tip it and walk? I and others typically already own a trailer suitable for moving an A11 type machine from site to site; we don't need another bill for another piece of steel taking up more space.

my point exactly,,,, it's as daft as possible a place to put the axle,,,

now i know italians like to make it look pretty,, i should know,, i've worked for ducati,,:lol: but there is no sense at all in where they are now,, and as TCD says,,, why should i buy ANOTHER trailer,,, the one ive got is great,,