Riko Log Splitters

dave28

RIKO stuff rocks! Bought my A11 after almost a year figuring out what I wanted and I was really anal about the spec and price etc etc. Absolutely no regrets; great machine and great company to deal with. Totally recommended.

I prefer vertical but I think that's less important. From what I know; having a pto pump is ALWAYS better than having it off the tractor hydraulics - considerably so.

Interesting, what is the advantage of PTO versus hydraulics?

Only if you have an older less powerfull tractor with slow hydraulics?

The hydraulic splitters i have seen have been on newish 100 hp tractors and seem to work fine on just over tickover, where as a pto driven one will have the tractor sat there braying away using more diesel will it not?

Interesting, what is the advantage of PTO versus hydraulics?

Only if you have an older less powerfull tractor with slow hydraulics?

The hydraulic splitters i have seen have been on newish 100 hp tractors and seem to work fine on just over tickover, where as a pto driven one will have the tractor sat there braying away using more diesel will it not?

Precisely - old tractors with weak hydraulics. Not many poeple tie up a 100hp+ tractor to a log splitter. Thus overall hp input required is much less for a splitter with its own pump.

I bought an A11 VTR last month and it has been very good so far. Like ad15 I have also found that the wheels being moved from the rear of the machine to the middle of the base has made it very difficult to move around, particularly if trying to move it on your own. Secondly, and a minor point, the on/off switch is not the usual green and red switch box but is a very cheap feeling rocker switch located under the electrics box which is quite difficult to access and operate (rather disappointing given the cost of the machine).

• 6 months later...
RIKO stuff rocks! Bought my A11 after almost a year figuring out what I wanted and I was really anal about the spec and price etc etc. Absolutely no regrets; great machine and great company to deal with. Totally recommended.

I prefer vertical but I think that's less important. From what I know; having a pto pump is ALWAYS better than having it off the tractor hydraulics - considerably so.

I wish i could say the same about this company, I have been trying to contact them and have found that there customer service is disgusting. I have took the time to send 2 separate E-mails explaining what i was after (log splitter and timber trailer with grab)

And waited a week and had no reply. I then made a call to them and spoke to "the technical engineer" who took all my details and promised to get a quotation to me asap. That was over a week ago and still no reply!! I have money waiting to give to them and they just don't seem to want it!! Looks like im going to have to look els where.

Ow and one more thing. Before posting this i sent a personal message on here to the riko rep and gues what? He replied but only to say that he no longer works for riko lol! And this guy was moor helpful then anybody i have spoken to so far. I think it was Chris Shepard by the way.

I dont like slagging off companies but i think there are to many out there that just dont give a damn about customer care and they should be named and shamed!

spend your money elsewhere if you're not getting the service,,

RIKO's solution for my wheel issue was for ME to go and get them moved,...

Yeh your right but its just a shame as looking at what most other people have to say about them they have built up a great reputation for them selves so why throw that away by such a simple thing like customer communication!!

Got my splitter now and so far seems great. Now looking into alternative trailers.

Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you Richard, I have the emails you sent this week in the inbox, but the sheer volume of enquiries (and prep for Lamma show) is making it difficult to keep up at the moment.

I will give it my full attention first thing on monday when I'm back at work.

If anyone has enquired and I havent got back to them yet please dont think we are ignoring you, we will get back to you. Usually it is within a day or 2, but there is a bit of a backlog of work after Christmas.

Edited by JimE

Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you Richard, I have the emails you sent this week in the inbox, but the sheer volume of enquiries (and prep for Lamma show) is making it difficult to keep up at the moment.

I will give it my full attention first thing on monday when I'm back at work.

If anyone has enquired and I havent got back to them yet please dont think we are ignoring you, we will get back to you. Usually it is within a day or 2, but there is a bit of a backlog of work after Christmas.

Must admit, when buying my A11, CS was top notch and knew not to hang about. BUT, even then I kept hearing the "we're at a show so won't be back in the office" all the time. It was show after show after show! Get a dedicated show team in addition to a "superb customer focus and service team".