Post hole borer.

s.varty

I'll second that - I think it was Saltex a few years ago I saw it. The Barreto stuff is very well constructed. We have one our their hydraulic rotavators for difficult ground conditions and its awesome. The post hole borer they do is more powerful than most two man machines but only needs one man so fits your bill. See if you can try hiring one first - alot of the hire shops use them.

Ok, I'm curious now, how would more power be better?

The Stihl 2 man borer i have will spin two large, fit men around with it if you give it too much throttle in the wrong situation. Its always got enough poke to bore either with a 3" screw or the big beast. If you hit something hard in the hole or push too hard even on good going it will make you suffer.

Its NEVER been short of power, so why would you want more power on a one man machine?:confused1:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cant tell u the answer to the more power thing mate iv used the 2 man stihl machine i no what u mean me and my dad tryed to hang on to it once when we hit some tree roots u cant hold on it it for love nor money they have loads of gut to them

i see a demo in heavy clay of that barreto and the demo bloke as always made it look so easy they are good machines and was just giving S.VARTY some in put on diffrent machines

also if ur looking at one man machines or two man tanaka:thumbup1::thumbup1:Tanaka TEA-500 Two-man Post Hole Digger Tanaka TIA-350PFS One-man Post Hole Digger

Couple of good links there Burrell, i didnt know anyone still made a two man machine anymore.

In fact thats what i was told stopped the production of the stihl machine, it was too much for two men to handle!

I guess it could be a good laugh for anyone watching when the auger hits something, to see two burley blokes being flicked around like a couple of rag dolls, but believe me, its not so funny if you have hold of the handles!

We learned if you hold it with some intension, but with the thought if it were to hit something you could let go! Once you let go of it, you need to teach yourself to keep your legs out of the way otherwise your buddy's handles would kneecap you!

The thought of something like that with more power seems suicidal to me:001_huh:

• 3 months later...

i use a one man post hole borer & it's alright. sure they're not much good when hitting a stone but then i just use my spike & break the stone out then carry on.

anything that saves my back is good in my books...

also the borers are brilliant if you ever need to plant a hedge!