Tree identification database

There needs to be some kind of interface similar to the fugal photo album bit on here and the ability to be given permission to contribute by mods.

The only problem with getting everyone in on it would mean that it would either need reveiw every now and then or disclaimers like wikipedia. either that or a way of flagging infomation as incorrect.

• Like 1

There needs to be some kind of interface similar to the fugal photo album bit on here and the ability to be given permission to contribute by mods.

The only problem with getting everyone in on it would mean that it would either need reveiw every now and then or disclaimers like wikipedia. either that or a way of flagging infomation as incorrect.

I'm not sure the fungy software will be sufficient enough for this project.....plus i have already installed a second copy of that same software for another project and its been a major pain in the backside for my coder....if i asked him to install a third copy i think i might about cry!

and no, letting everyone contribute i dont think is the way to go, i dont have the time(nor the knowledge) to review all that information.

hmm all good points i think with a topic so diverse as this involving people with extreme knowlege ranging down to almost none could cause some mega stress. I'm building a database on my android phone but it really is just a small project and non transferable to other devices other than android smartphones.

This sort of thing needs a dedicated web site with sponsorship for server costs and maintenance/upkeep. Could be a really good idea if the right people were to take the reigns. but it all boils down to money and love the balance must be right.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a Wiki everyone is welcome to add, I'm going open season style on this. just to see how much interest i get.

Its open for all to add and edit you simply need an account with wikispaces. there is just a few test entries on there at the moment but lets get some ppl over there and see what we can make.

http://treearchive.wikispaces.com/

Just try to add nice descriptive photos. low quality non descriptive photos will be removed. :thumbup:

• 5 months later...