woodturning

pyro

Endoscope - thought some of you might be interested in this, I bought this recently, I can't believe how useful it's been, used it a lot when fixing my car... here is the wood turning application for hollow forms, helps to see exactly what your cutter is doing. (It can take pics/video too, I've haven't down loaded the pics off it yet.)

This is a piece of spalted beach. What do you think of the shape BTW?

59765df8f05ed_BeachHF5.jpg.e1e8c6b4acb20d704015ced8fb3c309f.jpg

59765df8ed8c4_BeachHF4.jpg.66a497dad6466f9abe71e3bda653d475.jpg

59765df8ebd6f_BeachHF3.jpg.40cf4adc5ac9520f0896f2aaf9fbb675.jpg

59765df8e7874_BeachHF2.jpg.aa8d753030a62c5cf2b40dd5da2c4f20.jpg

59765df8e2f8b_BeachHF1.jpg.2b58f50f38c92d530e371c008907d39c.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers, 'flowing shape' is something I do try to obtain. I often wonder about the mathematics behind why some shapes/proportions 'look correct', I have never calculated any dimensions based on some formulae, I just adjust the shape until I think it looks right, subjective I know... but it would be interesting to know.

Hi ray, I like that! looks good from where im sitting!

At work this week i had a job to take a yew tree down that some folk had been complaining about and some how it found its way to my shed :P

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

I dont quite know how it happened but im not complaining! :P

Ben

Wise woood

Hi, I don't turn but I saw this and thought I'd share.

wooden bowls - YouTube

I saw this a while back, impressive knife tool they use to core out the bowls, I'd like to make one similar, I can only core cones out at the moment. (know clue how to post vids)

Ray, nice pole turned bowl, do you use those hook tools? If so how hard are they to use?

Nice yew haul Pyro! Liking those shrooms, that branchy stem is going to make something really nice, look forward to that.

hia flames i paid for a guy called paul atkin (very nice bloke and really enjoyed the day) at york to show me how to make two tools and then use them, they can be tricky to use at first especially when taking the core out because of the force created but with practice its getting easier.

59765e2d37813_poletools002.jpg.1c9eb7857863ddb3a454570678dc707c.jpg

59765e2d35646_poletools001.jpg.f11f4129b4a136e2bdd7dcabae1ea277.jpg