346XP any good.

AndyGG

Am getting a couple of saws togeather for weekend work and have decided on which TH ill be getting but with the ground saw am unsure. Like the specs on the 346XP and have used it a few times but would like the opinion of the more experianced tree surgeon's, and what would be the equivalent stihl model. Am researching like mad and have chainsaws on the brain but hearing differant opions helps alot.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent saw,i've had mine for 6 years now and will replace it with another one this year.Very light,very fast(15'' bar) and extremely good on fuel.Great for takedowns when you need to drop larger limbs and tops.:001_smile:

I've got one and i've had 3 before it and would get another. The balance and weight is fantastic. The bigger 357 is good too but isn't as nible but will do an 18" bar.

I use a 13" bar on mine i've run 15 and 18 on it and 13 works well for me. I've done big sweet chestnuts and oaks with the 15" bar on the 346 and as long as its sharp its great.

Worth considering the heated handles as they are fantastic in the winter.

The boss man has a 346xp with heaed handles, awsome is all i can say. Now what about the 455 Rancher compared to the 346xp, Am trying to balance cost but with the want of preformance aswell. I use in work a 357xp with an 18" bar and when she's sharpe id trust her to cut through anything without a hicup, but out of my price range sadly.