Help needed please, any ideas????

LeeOulton

Hi all,

Well the college year is almost up. Trying my best to plow through assignments to get them done on time.

Im stuck!

Here is the question:

With the aid of diagrams show how canopy structure and species composition differs between broadleaved woodland and a conifer plantation. You should include.

• Layers of vegetation
  • Classes of tree in canopy
  • Species present in different layers
  • Height of layers

End of question.

I am struggling to find any decent information about this, can only find info for rainforests. I want to stick with info about UK forests/woodlands etc.

Any pointers would be great, Links etc..

Thanks guys,

Lee:001_smile:

sounds very simple. but try looking for pictures of a broadleafed woodland, then a conifer plantation, look at the diffrences.

if i were doing it id be looking at google earth, spotting a nearby plantation (gonna be a dark green matt with parrallel lines of planting visible) and spotting a nearby woodland. take a day out and go visit them, the answers will literally be infront of youre eyes, you will learn a heck of a lot more viewing it than copying it off the net!

goodluck :)