new truck which one?

jose

I am looking at buying a new truck, brand new.

Have looked at a toyota dyna, mercedes sprinter and a transit.

Merce dealer was useless and came in massively expensive, and the toyota dealer seemed interested but then disaperared.

Transit dealer has been spot on in every way so is currently leading the way to getting my money.

The only other dealer i am considering is the iveco.

Currently the transit is coming in around a snip under 25 k +VAT, thats with a custom made tipper body and seperate tool box.

I am after any advice people can give before i commit to years of repayment!

I am after new because i want trouble free motoring. new i can garantee its not been abused in anyway.

Also an optional extra for the transit is additional leaf springs on the rear. According to the dealer the current springs are fine to cope with the weight but having the extra spring prevents the truck form sagging at the rear visually thus removing the temptation for coppers to pull you to check for overloading. Does this sound correct? ( not that i intended to overload of course!)

many thanks

jose

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i were you i would by the transit, because we have one at work and it has never put a foot wrong and bought it new in 2004, it would also depend on the costumer service, this may sound abit weird bit but i would pay abit more to have decent customer service

I have a transit and cant really fault it. Mine has a cage on the back (boarded up) and barn doors on the back and it holds loads. drives well with the weight aswell. Plenty of room in the cab too wich is ideal if your going to be taking the third person along. Cant go wrong with it IMO.

Only thing i suppose wouldnt go amiss is abit more power as mines only 90 hp but i dont mind saving abit of diesel, and there are more powerfull ones if that was a problem.

I no someone who has a dyna and i like it but theres a few down sides. Firstly the cab is tiny even for two people its cramped. Secondly you cant get a great deal of brush on the back, it holds nowhere near as much as a transit would. Oh and its thirsty aswell.

Good points, looks great, sounds great and has plenty of power.

Hope that helps in some way.

Stay well away from Mercedes! Their customer service is shocking

I'd go transit good reliable and British!!!

Re leaders what they are saying does make sense but you shouldn't have to pay more for it

got to be honest i never have heard anything good about the french vehicles.

they have all the goodies as standard but within no time they seem to be worthless! got to be a reason for that.

The etoyota dealer finally got back to me with a px price and is way down on the Ford guy.

I have been talking to the guys at Roy Wood transits in winneersh, Berks and got to be honest he has been really helpful and knowledgeble, which you would expect when buying something but i tell you it seems to be rare to find decent traders these days.

to get the extra springs is another £550 +VAT on top. not sure how to get them to give me that free??

ot looked at crafter, will have a look later on.

cheers for the inputs.

to get the extra springs is another £550 +VAT on top. not sure how to get them to give me that free??

Go in tell them you'll deal today but you need the extra springs thrown in for the price, then if they won't walk out and await the telephone call in an hour or next day. Only do this once you are actually prepared to deal though, and be prepared to walk away for a couple of days. Always depends of course on the deal you've got already......

R