Is there a viable future for dry top quality logs

yaxleylad

I sell them when the barks not green but i dont do logs in a big way i sell uncut loads for 20 half loads cut 50 full 90......one of my customers offered me a jotul stove for £50 might swap it for a couple of loads of cut wood might or could be worth more on ebay

...and knack your chimney up, or set it on fire.

This is what I was considering. Maybe most people dont care if there log's are dry/wet/mangy/mouldy etc just have "cheapest is best" mindset. The same folk probably buy 6 pairs of shite fashion fairy slipper shoes a year instead of pay out for one really superb pair. But good logs mean better flue operation, less smoke and tar, more heat, greater efficiency, lighter to carry indoors even, use one good log instead of struggle with 3 crappie one's? I used the same firewood dealer for 18 months and bought maybe 7 or 8 load's, then the next one was sodden, I thought I shouldnt use wet logs but had nowt else so used them anyway, big mistake, this was what motivated me to get my own logs and know every one of them was dry, no rubish. Any way the flue tarred up in just 6 week's, until there was no draw to speak of. Its been swept (again) A cottage a few yards away burnt down before christmas because he flue caught alight to the thatch.

One of you lot got a bloke to ring me today, I thought it was a windup, probably is.

He told me he buys transit loads split logs off tree surgeons in the huddersfield area and one of them had told him to ring me because he had been told I had plenty of logs.

I said the only difference between me and all the rest is I only sell 2 year under cover seasoned logs :proud:.

He said he would buy fresh split logs if I'd sell them to him. He would come with his transit if I would do him a load onto his truck.

I said, no problem, how much have the rest been charging you for a transit load?

He said £40.

I said, what for "split logs"

Yep he said.

I said "F'ck me" They can supply me and I'll sell em on for £95"

I told him he hadn't got a hope of getting them off me for that, it wouldn't even cover my costs.

Upon which he slammed the phone down

Was he called Tony by any chance??????????

One of you lot got a bloke to ring me today, I thought it was a windup, probably is.

He told me he buys transit loads split logs off tree surgeons in the huddersfield area and one of them had told him to ring me because he had been told I had plenty of logs.

I said the only difference between me and all the rest is I only sell 2 year under cover seasoned logs :proud:.

He said he would buy fresh split logs if I'd sell them to him. He would come with his transit if I would do him a load onto his truck.

I said, no problem, how much have the rest been charging you for a transit load?

He said £40.

I said, what for "split logs"

Yep he said.

I said "F'ck me" They can supply me and I'll sell em on for £95"

I told him he hadn't got a hope of getting them off me for that, it wouldn't even cover my costs.

Upon which he slammed the phone down

That will probably be Bingley logs, he tried to get me to supply him a couple of years ago, you see his tranny all over the place he seems to not do the hard work of splitting himself just pays pittence for a load and sells it on for a fortune....

I suppose thats the way to do it if you can find some mug to do all the hard work for you.

That will probably be Bingley logs, he tried to get me to supply him a couple of years ago, you see his tranny all over the place he seems to not do the hard work of splitting himself just pays pittence for a load and sells it on for a fortune....

I suppose thats the way to do it if you can find some mug to do all the hard work for you.

I had forgotten about him. I may have upset him a few years ago when I said I gave all my timber away free and he could not have any:)

Makes sense now! I've been told about him before.

I told him he could come to my yard and split them himself, by hand, for £40 a load :icon14: