To everyone feeling the reccession

Rhys Conway

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without sounding harsh mate, your not the only one in this position there's people on here with more tickets, tools etc. looking aswell. So like others have said keep trying get what you can and if nothing comes up do something else. I've had three days in as many months doing tree work, so I've been and done some labouring, some driving and off doing six weeks tractor driving soon. so stop moaning and get out there and work.like I said I'm not been funny, just truthful.

Stick with it i think Mr Blair hit the nail on the head as such. See it in Arb terms You = an acorn your not going to be a noticeable tree over night. For a number of years you will be small and racing for the light (work) but as you grow people will know you and call you more often and you'll become a tree with lots of branches and people will know who you are even if you don't know who they are.

Sorry that it sounds all Karate kid like.:lol:

Without sounding harsh mate, your not the only one in this position there's people on here with more tickets, tools etc. looking aswell. So like others have said keep trying get what you can and if nothing comes up do something else. I've had three days in as many months doing tree work, so I've been and done some labouring, some driving and off doing six weeks tractor driving soon. so stop moaning and get out there and work.like I said I'm not been funny, just truthful.

I do have a Job, I work in the building trade as a ceiling fixer, but for the last year or so I've fancied a change, so I have paid to get me some CS tickets and got myself a chainsaw and PPE, and with me not being able to get much out of it I've been thinking how shite it must be for the young uns who have nothing to fall back on like myself.

i slightly misunderstood your original thread. im lucky in that i have a finger in lots of pies so not too often stuck for work. but things will only get worse i think, more colleges put out more people with the tickets, who cant get any work with existing companies, so decide to set up themselves, crowding the sector even further. Granted its not everyone who sets up themselves, but it doesnt need loads.

i slightly misunderstood your original thread. im lucky in that i have a finger in lots of pies so not too often stuck for work. but things will only get worse i think, more colleges put out more people with the tickets, who cant get any work with existing companies, so decide to set up themselves, crowding the sector even further. Granted its not everyone who sets up themselves, but it doesnt need loads.

ver very true! would love to go with one of the large companues but they dont even seem to be highering at the moment!

would love to go with one of the large companues but they dont even seem to be highering at the moment!

thing is the bigger companies like fountains subbie moest of there work out, so no jobs there, and the slightly smaller firms know the shortage of work and pay accordingly. i got offered a f/t job nr newcastle last year and they were only paying about 6.00/hour and that included a bonus because i had hgv!! and that was a national company. other large companies like the subbie idea so they can get shut of you with no notice, as ive found out myself a number of times.

hadnt seen that myself, but looks like its experienced people only, as there wanting dno and "wood pole switching". would that be covered in ua1?

Dunno mate, Id be ringing anyway, Show a little interest and ask a few questions, They may have other positions coming up for the less experienced soon, Worth a call pal :001_cool: