running aspen2 and re-tuning saws

Charlieh

We've been running Aspen for about 5 years now on about 50 Stihl two strokes the money we have saved over these years purely on the engines not wearing out is unquatifiable, Im a firm beliver that mordern unleaded does not do two stokes any favours in the long term, in 5 years ive not had one of ours Stihls wear out, I love the stuff, There are a few problems in the changeover period but when your over that the stuff is great. To end on I think they are right to slate Unleaded it does cause problems.

We've been running Aspen for about 5 years now on about 50 Stihl two strokes the money we have saved over these years purely on the engines not wearing out is unquatifiable, Im a firm beliver that mordern unleaded does not do two stokes any favours in the long term, in 5 years ive not had one of ours Stihls wear out, I love the stuff, There are a few problems in the changeover period but when your over that the stuff is great. To end on I think they are right to slate Unleaded it does cause problems.

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to run aspen and normal 2 stroke petrol? I usually use employers 2 stroke but occasionally have my own jobs, however I usually end up having to dump old 2 strike because of it being old. My idea would be to use aspen in my combi and 2 stroke most of the time. My saws are a new 201t (has only had 1 tank of aspen) new hs45 hedgetrimmer (3 tanks of 2 stroke since new) and a 260 that has had many tanks of 2 stroke.

• Like 1

Is it possible to run aspen and normal 2 stroke petrol? I usually use employers 2 stroke but occasionally have my own jobs, however I usually end up having to dump old 2 strike because of it being old. My idea would be to use aspen in my combi and 2 stroke most of the time. My saws are a new 201t (has only had 1 tank of aspen) new hs45 hedgetrimmer (3 tanks of 2 stroke since new) and a 260 that has had many tanks of 2 stroke.

From my fairly limited experience, yes it's doable. Once it runs nice on Aspen it seems that you just need to adjust the tickover when swapping between.

Really did like the smell of it.

Our local Husky dealer used to be half sensible with Aspen price so it found it's way onto arb jobs a bit. Not any more though as too dear :lol: