running aspen2 and re-tuning saws

Charlieh

Think ill give it a go then next time I'm at my dealer. Makes so much sense to me because I'm anally retentive with old fuel, end up pouring it into the lawnmower fuel can but our lawn is small.

What about mixing smaller batches? Sure I've seen some bottles where you put like a litre of petrol in and then top up to a mark with 2 stroke oil.

Bit of a faff but a whole lot cheaper than Aspen :lol:

That was a thought also. Suppose I could keep neat petrol in another can and if it gets towards end of month chuck it in car and renew.

That is indeed a very good solution and one which I recommend to all my customers who choose not to use Aspen.

Stale petrol causes all sorts of carburation problems, as well a engine seizure in extreme cases

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
8 minutes ago, FrancisW said:

Please can anyone shed anyight on what to do when running an auto tune saw? I changed to using Aspen2 in my Husqy t540xp and it's very boggy. Taken to the dealer for a retune but still runs the same. Is there a way I can retune manually? Thanks 

Bit of info on this thread might be of use

The autotune can't be manipulated or changed by the dealer. You can reset the AT by running the saw hard and continuously for around 5 mins but that is about it.

Aspen needs a bit of extra fuel on the low speed setting which is something a normal carb can be adjusted for but the AT kit can't be changed in the same way but would have thought it shouldn't be excessively bad running on Aspen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 20:50, treevolution said:

Just starting to move all saws over to aspen but unfortunately my little 150 does not seem idle, no matter how I tune it but if I put in pump fuel it runs fine again.

Could anyone shed some light on the problem.

Thanks in advance

Hi Treevolution,

when a problem like this happens, ie when swapping back to pump fuel improves the running of the saw. This normally indicates that one of the non metal components in the fuel system has failed. usually this would be a diaphragm in the carburettor but on some carburettors it could be an oring etc.

once swapped and the machine is running good on aspen, these parts should last much longer as Aspen fuel does not contain any aromatics which attack the rubber components in the fuel system

Edited by Aspen@AAOIL
  • Like 1