Tracked Cherry Picker

Buzzsurgeon

If you are going to get a mewp to hire out, then it has to be one that is a bit specail.

Standard Hire companies have the 15m mewps left right and centre, so you will have a lot of competition, if you go for a bigger tracked versions like my 18m they become complicated and without training no good to hire out without operator

When I bought mine, the finance was £650 a month, I used it myself and got about two hires a month with operator at £350 a day (sounds expensive but remember they are not hiring just a mewp, they are hiring a trained climber and tree surgeon) which paid for the finance and I got free use of the machine.

Be warned though, dont buy one if you have to rely on hire to finance the payments. You can earn the same money doing tree work without the complications and headaches of owning and hiring a mewp.

They are expensive to maintain and repair so only buy new not second hand.

If you want to hire without operator, go for the 15m machine from Promax in Barnsley, they are easy to setup but all the hire companys have them so hire rates are low but at least you dont have to be with it.

You would have to ring up for insurance quotes buit make sure you tell them its for hire and for all types of use not just tree work

I am in the market for a tracked mewp, just wondering what the complications are for hiring such a machine out and insuring against loss, whats the cost of insurance and loler testing? :confused1:

There is a guy in the Northwest that has 1 for sale, we just bought a stumpgrinder off him and his tackle is all in A1 condition, sorry not sure of make or size but if you drop me a pm I will pass his details on to you.:thumbup1:

I wouldn't hire mine out without an operator.

Hire equipment just gets abused.

Alan Oldfield would be the best person to talk to locally about the costs of running and insuring a machine for others to hire.

Brett, if you have some work locally that needs doing with a tracked mewp with a tree surgeon operator, give me a ring mate. :001_smile:

Allan Oldfield got bit with his, that's why it has gone! Rob Forrester in Cheltenham has a couple for hire - he could give you an idea of the pitfalls/bonus's. He still does a bit of tree work, gutter cleaning on big houseschurhces and hires them out, call him on 07966 665771.

One thing I would do if I got another would be to fly-post all the commercail premises in my area.

A Condition of most commercail insurances is that the premises have to have their guttering cleaned yearly.

I got into it for a few months before the machine up ended

Getting a few contracts like that would pay your HP

Oh and outreach is most important :001_smile:

Thanks for all your advise, it's primary purpose would be for my own use to assist with tree work, however as mentioned I like the sound of a bit of steady away gutter cleaning to help axtract value.

Perhaps it will be more hastle than it's worth hiring it out without operator unless to people you know and trust?

Nearest competion for tracked hire is about 25 miles away @ £140 per day inc delivery for a 15m tracked machine, which I think is reasonable, machines around here can be hard to get hold of just when you need it, my local hire shop with a nifty 12 metre is on just about permanent hire. Little more thought required.

Allan Oldfield got bit with his, that's why it has gone! Rob Forrester in Cheltenham has a couple for hire - he could give you an idea of the pitfalls/bonus's. He still does a bit of tree work, gutter cleaning on big houseschurhces and hires them out, call him on 07966 665771.

:confused1: Alan still has an Easylift 150 tracked mewp available for hire.