It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

In 25 years of cutting "fumes" have never been an issue.

These days I tend to use the higher grade fuel, that apparently does not contain ethanal, as this is said to be better for the gear. But again in all my years in the game I've never had a machine problem caused by fuel, my 66 is a 1999 and still going strong.

I just don't get the problem that Aspen is trying to solve.

The whole thing just smells of "the emperors new clothes" to me.

But of cause this is only my opinion.

Any foresters out there running on Aspen?

I can't see how it can possibly add up.

Be very interested to see some info on the negative health/environmental impacts of pump fuel. Might still be worth the switch if I can find somewhere to make the savings.

You know one personally. Discounts are there to be had if you know the right people. :wink:

In 25 years of cutting "fumes" have never been an issue.

These days I tend to use the higher grade fuel, that apparently does not contain ethanal, as this is said to be better for the gear. But again in all my years in the game I've never had a machine problem caused by fuel, my 66 is a 1999 and still going strong.

I just don't get the problem that Aspen is trying to solve.

The whole thing just smells of "the emperors new clothes" to me.

But of cause this is only my opinion.

In the last 25 years there was not ethanol in the pump fuel that there is today .

Ouch. Wait for a windy day. My 460 has a major drink problem when milling let alone an 880. Yes I have tried Aspen and hated the smell and never tried it again

The first lots of Aspen did have a "chip shop " smell due to the type of oil mixed I believe . The latest stuff as no smell at all it seems to me .